700 Arctic cat

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had much experience or ridden much with one of these 700 sxs ? Keep hearing they how great they perform and what an over achiever they are in comparison to the bigger competition. Hear lots of negatives about the 1000 but only positives about the 700 sport. True ?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a wildcat sport xt with the 700 kymco motor, its been an awesome little unit so far. Good power for the size and can still go anywhere a quad can go. If your interested i have a pretty good in at AB Cycle, LOL

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you say good power for a 700, thats my concern, is it noticeably different in performance comparisons with the 8 and 900's ? It would be understandable, but i keep hearing its very competitive with the 8 and 9's

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last sxs 700 most are familiar with is the Rhino. This motor blows that thing out of the water - the rhino is downright anorexic in comparison. It's hard to describe, but this motor is less "lawn tractor" and more "sport bike" in how it feels. I had no trouble outrunning an 800 rzr too - that's why they added a 100cc's... to keep up with a 700! I haven't gone up against a 900 rzr... most guys I know buying anything new are going straight to 1000's.

Really at the end of the day, it's pretty damn good. If you're going in with horsepower concerns, don't fawk around, get a 1000 of whatever brand and you'll sleep just fine at night. Me, I saved a bunch of money going with this thing that I get to spend on accessories and beverages!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Wildcat Trail XT. Bought it this spring and have about 700 miles on it thus far. Lots of power, handles great, very good unit overall. Because I'm one of "those" guys, I added an Evolution Powersports Stage 3 tune (runs 91 gas, a muffler, and intake), and it REALLY woke up the machine, so much that my next purchase was Elka stage 4 shocks (I was pushing the suspension to it's limits with the extra ponies). I do not regret the purchase in any way, it hauls the mail and is definitely an overachiever...
The machine came form T&T, the EVO kit from Gene over at WKM. There is a small review in this forum about it, PM me if you've any questions.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YouTube 700 wildcats racing larger displacement rzr and Mavericks. You'll be pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a chance to drive one. The power is ok at slow speed. Get the rpms up and the thing moves. I was really impressed with the engine. The one i drove had a pipe on it. Hated it. Way too loud. The machine was nice to drive but the suspension didn't have enough travel for me nor enough room in the cab. I like the roomy 1000's. But if I was to buy a narrow trail machine in the 800 class it would be my first choice. Price tag is nice too.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 700 is a decent buy.......

Attachments

• rzr frame.jpg
    rzr frame.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a chance to drive one. The power is ok at slow speed. Get the rpms up and the thing moves. I was really impressed with the engine. The one i drove had a pipe on it. Hated it. Way too loud. The machine was nice to drive but the suspension didn't have enough travel for me nor enough room in the cab. I like the roomy 1000's. But if I was to buy a narrow trail machine in the 800 class it would be my first choice. Price tag is nice too.

Of all the things I have read I think the room in the cab thing has come up the most.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of all the things I have read I think the room in the cab thing has come up the most.

Im 6 foot. Its tight but im still comfortable. Love everything about my 2014 cept it could have a little more travel. If I was buying one now I would get the sport trail.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes, there isn't a ton of room in the cab, but there is enough. I'm 6'2", and I find it's ok with my significant other - brings us closer together lol.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, there isn't a ton of room in the cab, but there is enough. I'm 6'2", and I find it's ok with my significant other - brings us closer together lol.

I have never sat in one that's just what I read.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my wildcat trail for over a year. Wicked machine for sure, surprises everyone I ride with in where it can go and the power it puts out.
I was also hesitant to buy as everything I read online says its cramped since I'm 6'1". After test driving it I realized it's not as bad as it sounds, so I bought it.
Two things I hate is how it shifts into low gear, gotta feather the throttle to get it into gear (even after adjusting) and hunting in it (low and a bit cramped for two guys and rifles).

Bert204

Reaction score
I've got the Trail version and haven't had any engine trouble of any kind but the exhaust is quite hot likely due to the Catalytic converter and the exhaust header doesn't have enough heat shielding but is easily remedied with heat tape/wrap and I do find it quite noisy especially in comparison to any of the Rzr's. It is however a nice ride and quite powerful.

Top Bottom