670 x pipes?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little ? that i am sure will get tonnes of feed back here. Are cpi pipes really able to produce a 19hp gain over stock on the x model and can jaws get the 12 hp that they brag about. currently running just a mbrp can and thinking of trading to twin pipes and if i can get that kind of bonus hp it makes it even more sensable to do it . Right? thanks for any help.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just a little ? That i am sure will get tonnes of feed back here. Are cpi pipes really able to produce a 19hp gain over stock on the x model and can jaws get the 12 hp that they brag about. Currently running just a mbrp can and thinking of trading to twin pipes and if i can get that kind of bonus hp it makes it even more sensable to do it . Right? Thanks for any help.

i had cpi pipes on my 670x and they did make a huge difference, just how much i don't know.... Had it ported, pipes, ufo's and clutched with roller secondary, and carbs drilled and tricked. It was at 149hp on the dyno before the dyno blew something, so a complete pull wasn't done, or a complete printout..... Cpi pipes also sounded very cool.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are cpi pipes really able to produce a 19hp gain over stock on the x model

Maybe. Based on Ric's response.

can jaws get the 12 hp that they brag about.

Maybe. I have Jaws twins, they make more HP than stock for sure. Seat of the pants dyno? Not sure, maybe 6-8???? maybe 10 at the most? I have a few other things done as well so hard to say, but I think 8-10 is a possible #.

Above that I would start to be skeptical.

Where are you looking for HP? down low or up high? You won't gain anything until about 7000 rpm with twins. SLP's are a reasonable # as well IMO, but I've never used them so can't say. Crankshops do make the power they advertise, loud though.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP twins do work on the 670X motor - once dialed in. But... as modman stated, twins fall on thier face below 7000 RPM +/-. Pretty hard to beat the stock single on the 670X for midrange power - your money is better spent on punching out the 670 to a 740. Way bigger gains to be had...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP twins do work on the 670X motor - once dialed in. But... as modman stated, twins fall on thier face below 7000 RPM +/-. Pretty hard to beat the stock single on the 670X for midrange power - your money is better spent on punching out the 670 to a 740. Way bigger gains to be had...

that may happen this summer got 3000miles on it now so may be time to freshen up.

Top Bottom