660 grizzly speed limiter wiring

keith660

Reaction score
I ve heard that the reverse govenor (cut out or speed limiter) can be eliminated by grounding out a wire. Does anyone know which wire , it seems eveytime I get stuck I want to back out of a hole and the bike can t get any speed because it cuts out.

Keith

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or just a momentary pushbutton like the outlanders so you don't forget and leave it bypassed.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is the only wire coming off the trans, i believe it is blue with yellow stripe. by grounding the wire you get rid of the reverse limiter and your reverse light too

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant remember which color of wire, i have an 06 too. i dont' have access to it right now else i would look, if you talk to sumx54 he knows. the wire i'm talking about is on the top of trans , just below airbox

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup it is the wire under the air box that attaches to the tranfer case. you can put in a switch up to your handle bars or make a short ( 6" jumper) bullet connector on one end and attach the other end to your chassy. this will also cause your reverse light not to work. I would go the jumper route so you don't have to cut the wire in case you want to switch it back to stock.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I ve heard that the reverse govenor (cut out or speed limiter) can be eliminated by grounding out a wire. Does anyone know which wire , it seems eveytime I get stuck I want to back out of a hole and the bike can t get any speed because it cuts out.

Keith

Its a green wire with a yellow stripe on it. you will find it running along the right side under the seat with the rest of the harness, use a scotch lock conector and ground it :headbanger:

keith660

Reaction score
thanx guys i'll give it a try when I get a chance. I think i'll put a toggle switch so I can switch it when needed. I think the reverse light also acts as a warning light for over reving and speed sensor malfunction.

keith660

Reaction score
I finally got around to wiring a switch to eliminate the reverse speed limiter.
It was really simple, there are three wires with bullet connectors on the left side running along the main harness. One black, one green and white, one blue and white. When the bike is in park with power on , disconnect the green and white wire and the reverse light will come on at the same time as the park light. I bought a 3 position toggle switch, wire the power side (towards front of bike) of the green and white wire to the centre contact of the toggle switch, the other end of the green and white wire to the toggle switch (doesn,t matter which contact) and ground the 3rd contact on the switch to the frame of the bike. The switch will allow the bike to run at factory position or at full power in reverse. I'm glad I did it because I can't believe the difference it makes running around in the snow.

Top Bottom