660 cfi-4 upgrade?

YKSwitchback

Reaction score
I'm thinking that I'm going to blow my 2012 600 SB ProR CFI-4 motor in the near future(maybe got 1-2 years left), I'm off warranty and looking for a solution. I'm located in Northern Canada and am willing to ship to Alberta, BC, SASK, for a rebuild. Looking for a place to send my top end if they have a package to replace my stock head, jugs, pistons, and connecting rods if they do a awesome job including stock top end exchange for their bored cylinders, and ported exhaust ports. Willing to get a larger tuned pipe if necessary.

And would I have to get a fuel controller?

Not that I need it immediately but if I'm going to spend the money for a rebuild I want the best that I can get, and I want to keep it in Canada, any suggestions?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be better off throwing an 800 in? Or is there a reason you want to stay with the 600 Cleanfire? I have a 600 switchback HO and I find it snorts just fine. Yeah I get kicked a little by the 800s but my fuel usage is better. Just a thought.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone in Canada doing 660 kits. I've looked into it for my wife's ProRMK (likely do it in the off season), and will likely have it done at Carl's Cycle in the US. They have been building 660's longer then anyone else, and I've never heard any bad press. My second choice would be Brad @ Power Addiction Racing - PM Chrisco on here, I believe he is a Canadian dealer for them (not sure if they do the CFI-4). A fuel controller will be likely be required - expect to pay $3000 with pipe, etc.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has crossed my mind too, but to put 2500 into it (already have the pipe), i'm sure not sure how worthwhile it would be as said before, it keeps up with most 800's until it gets steep. I don't mind the 600 either.

How big are the gains?

YKSwitchback

Reaction score
I heard to expect around a 140 hp. And the little 600 gains speed really well already, would be awesome with more torque to lift the skis and hits top speed faster. Seems the acceleration starts to slow after 120 km

Its if I have to do a rebuild I would rather spend a little more money and have a upgraded motor. Basically a stock motor right now, I have lower gears and a two inch track.

iluv2fly

Reaction score
carl 660 kit cost 1700 and that is with the ecu reflash. They claim the pipe is not worth it and run stock. I have heard hp is around 145.

YKSwitchback

Reaction score
That sounds awesome. I had a couple crashes and each one cost about 1100 to get it back to the way it was. So 1700 for a engine rebuild for more power is not that bad in comparison. Might have to send the parts to the states, its what I've been trying to avoid but I keep hearing Carl's name pop up.

Top Bottom