66 aero

ljorg

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 66 aerocharger on a 10 rmk 800. Turbo has been over boosted and wrecked the vain and turbine, I wonder if there is anyone selling parts or working on these or will it have to go back to aerocharger?
Thanks in advance.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious as to how much boost you were running before your troubles?

ljorg

Reaction score
I wasn't runnig it. when I tore it down it had the orange spring with 2 shims so I'm guessing 14-16lbs. Way too much for this design of turbo IMO. Put the sled back to stalk and runs like every other dragon I have been on.

ljorg

Reaction score
Ok cool, don't know much about these turbos, I have a blue spring and the orange spring that was in it. Any way, I pulled the housing apart the vain has 3 missing fins and the outer part of the turbine is chewed down from the vain fins feeding through it. Sled runs very nice When I pulled the system out so I assume its not caused from anything coming out of the motor.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious guys I know a ton on turbos for the trucks but not much on the sleds just wondering with the aero 66 what all the sizes and specs are of these turbos? sorry to hear about the bad luck on the blower man if the aero is like the garretts or other automotive style turbos you should just be able to buy a new vane for the turbo or atleast rebuild it for cheaper than a new one.

ljorg

Reaction score
i dont know much about them but from what i have found the aerocharger comes in 2 sizes, a 53 or larger 66, they use vains for varibl geometry claiming no turbo lag and no need for a waste gate. also they are all self contained so no pluming for lube. I havent found much good news on them if looking for huge hp but i think they are a good pump gas set up and nice, clean and simple to install. There is an aerocharger site where you can fid specks on them just google it.

Top Bottom