650 brute force

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who has or has had a brute? I have put in a dalton clutch kit for 28" tires thinking that with 26" it would pull the front wheels, no luck. it is a 2013 650 with only 1000k on it, new belt, snorkeled rad relocate kit 2" lift but just wont pull the front wheels. Is here some thing that I'm missing? some help would be nice or ideas. Tanks guys

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moose racing chip makes a big difference. Or get a fat chick to sit on the back rack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went through my clutches to get a little more bite, just like you are looking for.
Changed out the springs in both, went with EPI maroon in the primary and EPI Black in the secondary (both Arctic Cat springs). Also changed out some wear parts such as rollers and bushings.
Put it all back together and not that much of a change, just smoother.
Opened it up again and removed the .010 spacer in the secondary to tighten up the belt and yee haw, wheelie no problem in high or low range. Belt seemed a little tight at first but works great. Did so many wheelies the first day out that I now have to change out both ball joints, can't win.
07 Brute 650i with Penland full pipe setup, K&N filter and Dynatec cdi. 26" Mudlites on factory aluminum wheels.

Last edited:

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see you are running a Dynatec CDI did that make a big difference? I did all that clutch wok already, maybe the clutch sheves are slippery after cleaning. I guess I need to take it for a ride.
I just went through my clutches to get a little more bite, just like you are looking for.
Changed out the springs in both, went with EPI maroon in the primary and EPI Black in the secondary (both Arctic Cat springs). Also changed out some wear parts such as rollers and bushings.
Put it all back together and not that much of a change, just smoother.
Opened it up again and removed the .010 spacer in the secondary to tighten up the belt and yee haw, wheelie no problem in high or low range. Belt seemed a little tight at first but works great. Did so many wheelies the first day out that I now have to change out both ball joints, can't win.
07 Brute 650i with Penland full pipe setup, K&N filter and Dynatec cdi. 26" Mudlites on factory aluminum wheels.

Limbo

Reaction score
Do you have enough traction where you are trying to wheelie, if the tires spin rather than hook you won't lift the front.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheelies r never a problem on my 650 s I just have a red spring on the primary and u have change the cdi

Top Bottom