6.4l tuner for f 350

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who has a tuner on there truck, and some of the experiences they've had. I'm thinking of putting a mini max or spartan tuner in. Gonna do a dpf delete as well as intake. I drive an 08 f350 and only doing about 370 km to a tank of fuel. I want to get better milage so i dont have to stop as often. Also the turbo lag on the truck is terrible if this will be eliminates or fixed this would be awesome. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these tuners and is it worth doing. Thanks Vince

Cousin Vinny

RIP Jan 29,2016
Reaction score
I upgraded my 6.4 litre this year with a Spartan and it made a big difference. I will not go back to stock now that I know what a 6.4 is capable of.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running a h&S mini maxx with deletes, intake, exhaust and no problems. easy to use but not the hp gains like the spartan. dont know how many litres per tank im getting but with 6inch lift and 37's im getting 16-18 mpg empty (hand calculated, not the lie-o-meter)

it for sure improves the turbo lag.

it was money well spent for sure. could never go back to stock.

had an edge cts that came with the truck, worst tuner ever!

Last edited:

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 F350 with a 5" straight pipe from down pipe back, Spartan tuner on 250hp, S&B intake. I am getting 23MPG on highway. I have a EGR delete coming. It is an awesome set up i love it will never go back stock. I tuned at 28,000KM and have 82,000KM on now "knock on wood" have not been to a dealership since. I was at the dealer every 2 weeks with plugged DPF all the time before.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speak with Rob at Dirty Diesel Customs in Red Deer AB. He will be able to answer your questions? He is a dealer for Spartan and does custom installs. He goes by big bark on this forum.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DashDaq with Spartan tunes, H&S with their tunes or KEM files or the SCT with IDP tunes will be your best bet...and do your deletes of course

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like my mechanic is only able to get the mini max. Need to use him for convenience as well as he ll be the one working on the truck should any problems arise. Hopefully the mini max works well with all the deletes. Appreciate the feedback and let me no what you guys think of the minimax. Thanks Vince

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the h&s is a great programmer, i run a spartan in my 2010 but if i was to do it again id go with the H&S, change tunes on the fly is one option i would like to have,
the only thing with H&S is be careful where you set you trans to, you don't want to have the trans on soft shift and be beating the he!! outa the truck on a big HP tune won't last long.
other than that enjoy the new truck man there a blast to drive and way better mileage

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like my mechanic is only able to get the mini max. Need to use him for convenience as well as he ll be the one working on the truck should any problems arise. Hopefully the mini max works well with all the deletes. Appreciate the feedback and let me no what you guys think of the minimax. Thanks Vince
I'm not a ford guy, but my brother runs H&S on all his fords 10 of them. They are flawless. I run a mini max on my dodge, very happy. The quality of h&s is top of the line IMO very well made. I will never buy any thing but! You will be happy with the mini over the black max. It does the same stuff just smaller with less look at me I have a tuner in my truck!

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with H&S. They are putitng out some big numbers with just a tune...550s at the wheel. That is spartan and IDP territory

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truck is going in on tues pretty excited. Will report back how it goes. Thanks for all the infoVince

Top Bottom