583 problem

oldtimer

Reaction score
Started and run last year for 20 min, ran good. This year fresh premium feul, started okay, would not idle and hesitated when trying to acelerate. Runs great at mid to high rpms. Will not idle below 4K. Pulled carbs, remove bowls, sprayed and soaked with carb cleaner. One float appeared stuck. Reassembled, same problems. When it idles at 4-5K I hit kill till rpm are at 1500, its stays and idles fine. Hit throttle and it hesitates badly, feather the throttle till it runs fine. Pulls well. Carb problems still or could it be the HAC?
Thanks

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The good old 583. I have a formula with a 583 that now has over 13,000KM.
Did you do a complete carb cleaning or just spray the bowl out? You should take out the pilot jet from each carb and check condition and spray cleaner into the small passages for each carb circuit. Also take out the idle air screw and spray cleaning into that passage way.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
My moneys on plugged pilots.
Idle-->1/4 throttle=pilot jets
1/4->3/4 throttle=neelde jets
3/4-WOT=main jets

As for the HAC. If its out of adjument it will run verry rich at low elevations.
What do your plugs look like.

x-mark

Reaction score
ummm i would bet money on the carbs clogged up... my buddy has a 96 670 and over the summer it sat. in the winter when he fired it up almost the exact same problem, he cleaned the carbs throuly and problem solved... wish u the best . . . . . . :beer: . . . . . . .

Top Bottom