509 Vol 9. What the hell happened......

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that Vol 9 doesn't have the same feel as Vol 8?
I haven't paid great attention to the credits but was it edited by someone new this year?
Was it produced by a different group?
Definitely doesn't hold up compared to Vol 8.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
After you've seen it, draw your own conclusions, but something about it is off. It doesn't have the polished feel of the last two 509 films. The editing is kinda ****, the music is terrible and it's generally a let down. Too bad, I was really hoping for a lot from this years 509 vid. I haven't seen a good sled flick yet this year.
I just watched Slednecks 2 this morning and even though it's super old it was way more fun to watch.
Winter Project is out as of today I think. Premiere should have been last night up in AK.
That movie looks awesome, check it out if you haven't heard of it yet. My pre-ordered DVD should be shipping today!
WINTER PROJECT - TRAILER 1 on Vimeo

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can rent all these sled videos on iTunes for $5.

ive watched them all on there. 509, thunder struck, sled necks and a couple others.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After you've seen it, draw your own conclusions, but something about it is off. It doesn't have the polished feel of the last two 509 films. The editing is kinda ****, the music is terrible and it's generally a let down. Too bad, I was really hoping for a lot from this years 509 vid. I haven't seen a good sled flick yet this year.
I just watched Slednecks 2 this morning and even though it's super old it was way more fun to watch.
Winter Project is out as of today I think. Premiere should have been last night up in AK.
That movie looks awesome, check it out if you haven't heard of it yet. My pre-ordered DVD should be shipping today!

I love the old Slednecks videos! I watch them several times a season. That's when the SummitX 670 was the king of the hill.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I felt all the videos this year were all kind of lack luster compared to previous ones.
Hope winter project turns out good, waiting for my copy to arrive.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the narrating and poor quality 3D world map flybys made it seem like a low budget documentary on Netflix. I think I would have rather watched an hour of them smashing go karts, probably the best part. I think I watched Volume 8 a dozen times, don't think I'll watch this one more than the once.

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that looks like a winner.

I like this type of sled vid because it tells some stories.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
All the narrating and poor quality 3D world map flybys made it seem like a low budget documentary on Netflix. I think I would have rather watched an hour of them smashing go karts, probably the best part. I think I watched Volume 8 a dozen times, don't think I'll watch this one more than the once.

Ugh... Those terrible Google map fly-by zoom things were the worst...
I'd be really interested to hear from someone from the production team as to what the hell happened.
I'd say after all the premieres, movie parties, and initial sales, we might find out what the story is (or was).

sled obsessed

Reaction score
I thought the behind the lens episode #1(teaser for the mover) was totally awesome. It was cool to hear the guys joking around and bull****ting, also a ton of cool sounds clips of the sleds (music in the background).

Man what exhaust did turcotte have on his sled (i really want to know)?!?!? Sounds friggen wild.

I'll admit the movei was not as good as the teaser in this case.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how that turns out!

Top Bottom