509 Sinister Goggles

mitty26

Reaction score
suppose to be really good. i have never tried a set but from all the reports on them a lot of people really like them.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are by far the best bang for buck !! Awsome goggles have two pairs and eight lenses great choice!

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great goggle. if ya get the ones with yellow maybe get a different lence..thats just me i hate the yellow. also depending on what helmet you have you might have to take the nose piece off (simple). Other than that there pretty badazz.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Goggles, I bought a set last year and love them! Spare lenses are cheap I think $20 or so? Work great in all conditions - minimal fog up.

snow4mydooplz

Reaction score
thanks guy but i bought a pair of clear lens with the gloss black googgles.. now does the goggles come with a lens to?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the goggle with come with a yellow tint lense. I bought a pair last year along with the helmet. Great combo. The goggles fit the helmet like a glove. They are a great goggle. great field of vision. They do fog up on occasion but it takes alot. plus 509 now has the fan to go inside.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 509 Snow Camo's last year and at first I had a little trouble with them fogging up, until someone on here posted that some of the goggles didn't have the little plastic vent pieces punched out....the little plastic piece was still in the hole. I took those out and no more fogging. Check yours to make sure they are out and venting properly. This year I got the polarized smoke lens. I'd definitely buy them again.:beer:

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOVE the Sinisters, have been wearing them for the last 4 seasons and haven't had any issues with them at all. We have 4 pairs for everyone in the family and they fit kid sized helmets, all the way up to adults. The only thing my hubby and I had to do to ours was change the lenses, we scratched them up pretty bad with our google squeegie on our Klim gloves ( a word of caution....don't use the goggle squeegie!!) The lenses are very easy to change, too. I hear the new polarized lenses are SWEET, might have to invest in some.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys sold me. I stopped by an picked up a carbon pair about and hr ago. My dealer just got his new shipment today so I dug through the box to find the Carbon fiber ones. they do seem to be a well made Goggle and fit the face very nice.

grizzlydave

Reaction score
sold me too , I ordered a set of Black Opps and a new helmet today. hope they live up to the hype.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to be on the other side of the argument here, I personally thought they felt super cheap. I wasn't impressed with the foam around the goggle and found the goggle over all to be sub par to say my other pairs of Oakley Crowbars. I have tried Spys, Utopias, even gordini's from MEC and have found the Oakleys to be the best hands down.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which Hemet did you buy. I am looking as well but I'm stuck on the Doo Carbon fiber one. very light. I just can't get comfortable with the price yet.

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to be on the other side of the argument here, I personally thought they felt super cheap. I wasn't impressed with the foam around the goggle and found the goggle over all to be sub par to say my other pairs of Oakley Crowbars. I have tried Spys, Utopias, even gordini's from MEC and have found the Oakleys to be the best hands down.

I looked at Oakley's as I really like most of their products. I just struggled with paying $170 or higher if I wanted polarized goggles. The 509's, I paid about $120 and got a spare lens for that price. Since I can be hard on lens (scratching), I didn't want to spend $200 for an Oakley pair that weren't polarized.

snow4mydooplz

Reaction score
i have a nice pair of oakleys laying around somewhere that i have totally forgot about that ill have to get out thanks guys! =] but i have one other thing.. the yellow tint lens that comes with goggles, do they look like s**t??

Top Bottom