509 helmets

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone use their sled helmets in the summer? Or know if there’s any real difference between the altitude snow and off-road helmet? From what I can see it looks like they just don’t give you the breath box and chin guard, and the front vent plugs. Also looking at the klim f4, wicked sales on it right now, as it’s no longer current, and I know it’s more of a moto helmet with a goretex liner to toss in in winter.

What is working for everyone as an all year helmet?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I use klim f4 all year no liner ever. No beats box either. Just a balaclava. I have the ECE model. Light. Find my 509 aviators don’t fit that well.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use klim f4 all year no liner ever. No beats box either. Just a balaclava. I have the ECE model. Light. Find my 509 aviators don’t fit that well.

I use the exact same setup. No breather box. F4 with vents all open. Balaclava with aviators. They don’t fit like my klim goggles. No fogging since I started running this setup. The helmet is soon going to be retired as it’s taking a beating the last couple years tree bashing. May consider a 509 but it took me quite a few rides to get this dialed in. So who knows.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So consensus is the f4 is a good all year helmet. Local dealer has their last 2 on sale for 269$, seems like a good price. I already have a 509 altitude, and to be honest, I’m not overly impressed. The fit and seal with my 509 goggles is perfect, and their breath box has the high cheek guards, so balaclava is totally unnecessary in the winter, but it’s kinda flimsy, and the hard foam in the chin bar has already delaminated from the shell in 1 season. So was thinking of going with either the klim or an airoh, but the airoh doesn’t seal to a snow goggle well, seems to have a weirdly long chin bar.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a lead on good pricing on 509 Sinister X5 goggles? I'm looking to buy a set.

Top Bottom