509 goggle problems

KTfeM

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the 509 goggles. I have heard that the silver on the lens rubs off and issues with fogging.

kentz

Reaction score
Nope I love them, going to buy a couple more pairs. Great lens quality, like any goggle they will fog up if you get them wet, so I carry a couple pairs. Back to back with my Oakley goggles last weekend in the fog and there was no comparison, the 509's were better.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got aviators and sinisters NO problems. Light and dark lenses for both and nothing coming off of either and I dont take care of them they get chucked everywhere :beer:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did u use sunglass cleaner on them?that will eat that chrome finish right off...

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine fog.. my old scotts work way better... but the 509's are warmer. unfortunately I wouldn't buy a second pair.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do u where a face protector in ur helmet(the peice that is removable with velcro)or have removable foam peices in the mouth vent,big difference if u take them out
mine fog.. my old scotts work way better... but the 509's are warmer. unfortunately I wouldn't buy a second pair.

zonker892

Reaction score
My 509's Suck!! They fog up I even have the fan in them. The lenses are poor quality compared to Oakley or spys. I wouldn't waste my money on them

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine are great! Have the fan also. zero complaints they work like any other.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my avaitors work fine, cut some fabric off the top for the fan for better flow, have never fogged up since.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had several sinisters go back for foam peeling, warrantied the issue, fog is only a problem at the beginning of the season before I lose the summer beer gut;)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i thought i was going insane! my chrome finish came off on me last weekend in the rain. now the remainder of it wont come off no matter how hard i try! acid rain?

either way ive got 2 pairs and they are awesome. never fog. except for the chrome finish coming off on myone pair i have no issues. and actually the goggle work just fine without the finish on them

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine work great have 2 pairs, zero issues
maybe the reason goggle fogging is because you are not layered properly????

if your sweating too much your not dumping heat when you need/should
wear proper base layers that wick sweat and open your vents on your jacket BEFORE your too hot
also, avoid taking your goggles off all the time when stopped and/or using quick straps
every time to expose them to the elements on the INSIDE of the goggle, they will fog when put back on
keep them on your helmet when you stop

just some suggestions.....

these goggles were made FOR snowmobilers BY snowmobilers and flat out work if used properly
they are a high quality product and best ive used to date - from 0 and mountain riding to -30 flatland riding

on another note, i want some aviators too.........

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can almost quarantee why your goggles are fogging, What type of helmet are you using? If the opening isnt big enough the goggles will sit with the top foam covered by the top of the face opening which will not allow the goggle to breathe, hence fogging. Happened to a buddy with a TLD helmet, switched back to his BRP helmet, problem solved.

Rocky Mountain Rider

Reaction score
I tend to agree with previous posts regarding helmets making the difference. If you don't have air flow, they're going to fog up! I use the 509 helmet along with my Aviators and as long as I keep snow off the inside of the lenses there are no problems. As soon as I get an Polaris underhood bag I'll be getting another pair!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.235749,-120.838980
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom