500 Suzuki Problems...

500Quadrunner

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Just recent, I was letting my quad warm up after months of no use. It started up great, so I'm letting it sit and it all of a sudden goes, "POP POP BAM BOOM!" It shuts off and it will not start again. Now it sends huge smoke rings outta the muffler. I know it can't be the rings or gaskets, it would still start if that happened.

Any ideas? I don't have the money for a new set of gasket and rings, so I'm hoping it's something easily fixed. I wanna go riding this summer.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Just recent, I was letting my quad warm up after months of no use. It started up great, so I'm letting it sit and it all of a sudden goes, "POP POP BAM BOOM!" It shuts off and it will not start again. Now it sends huge smoke rings outta the muffler. I know it can't be the rings or gaskets, it would still start if that happened.

Any ideas? I don't have the money for a new set of gasket and rings, so I'm hoping it's something easily fixed. I wanna go riding this summer.

drain the carbs and try new fuel.
brew_doo has a quadbastard500 with a broken tranny that he's trying to get rid of.....

500Quadrunner

Reaction score
drain the carbs and try new fuel.
brew_doo has a quadbastard500 with a broken tranny that he's trying to get rid of.....

Yeap, did all that and it worked. We found out that their was dirt in the carb. So we cleaned the carbs, drained the fuel, but new stuff in, cleaned the filters, and the sparkplug. I also adjusted the idle too, it was outta wack. Just put the new tags on it and I'm riding the trails good now :)

As soon as I get the money I'm changing the oil, and the diff oils. Since we plow with it in the winter, it gets pull of snow and water gets in the diffs. That bike sure puts up a hell of a fight in 4 feet of snow :D

Top Bottom