5 days; No Sun Part II

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
5 days with no sun and lots of snow. Great food (awesome cherry cheese cake, cinnamon buns, deer sausage, lasagna, butt roasted chicken, bar-b-qued steaks), a few beers, and some awesome crib games (some kind of smell permeated the cabin this trip, heehaw) set the tone. Can't forget a big thank you to Marcel for having 4 sets of chains for the big diesel (that's another story for another day).

Part I: 5 Days; No Sun Part I - YouTube

Part II: 5 Days; No Sun Part II - YouTube (this is a tribute to my coal mining buddies)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
OK, I gotta ask.....what's a "butt roasted chicken"? :confused::confused:

I like this recipe so here goes.......Take a 6-8# Hutterite chicken and spice it up with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Now for the good part; some of the brewers have butt roasters (I have a Richard's one) that consist of a 6-8" square of stainless with a cylinder (big enough for a beer can) welded in the center. You can use a beer can or just use the cylinder. It's your choice. If you use a beer can cut the top off and fill the can with your favourite brew. Add spices to the beer (lots of fresh crushed garlic, oregano, dill, whatever you think would be tasty) and place in the cylinder. Put the spiced chicken butt first over the cooking apparatus and place this in a roaster pan on the bar-b-que. Add some beer or water to the roaster pan and don't let it burn dry as this will be the gravy drippings. Bake for about 2 hours (or until the meat thermometer says 180 degrees) and you will have the tastiest chicken ever. Moist as can be and quite flavourful.

Enjoy......

Top Bottom