4X4 Owners!!!! READ

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found on dieselplace. FYI.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: After Market Raised Vehicles

September 15, 2008

RE: SGI Consultation Meetings for After Market Raised Vehicles

Dear 4x4 Owner or Club Members:

SGI invites you to a meeting regarding the development of a policy for after-market raised vehicles. This policy would prescribe the acceptable limits for after-market modifications that increase the ride height of a motor vehicle. SGI has identified you as potentially being affected by this policy and we would like your input.

At this meeting, we will provide you with information on how after-market modifications can affect the operation of a motor vehicle. After the presentation, you will have the opportunity to provide your feedback about this topic.

We will be holding consultation meetings with 4x4 groups in Regina and Saskatoon as indicated below. These meetings are for 4x4 raised vehicle club members or owners only. If you know of any other 4x4 owners, please forward this invitation to them.

Regina 4x4 Consultation Meeting:

Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008

1975 Broad Street, Regina

Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Saskatoon 4x4 Consultation Meeting:

Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008

106 Circle Drive W, Saskatoon

Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Please RSVP to nberry@sgicanada.ca by Sept. 24, 2008 for the Regina meeting and by Oct. 8 for the Saskatoon meeting. If you have any questions or need further information about the consultation please contact Corporate Consulting at 306-751-3728, or toll-free at 1-800-667-8015 ext. 3728.

If you are not able to attend this meeting please note that we will be holding public forums around the province throughout October or you may also leave feedback with Murray Gottselig at mgottselig@sgi.sk.ca. A tentative public consultation schedule will be available on our website soon (Back-to-school bike safety).

We look forward to your participation.

Regards,

Nicole Berry, BBA

Research Officer, Corporate Consulting

Saskatchewan Government Insurance

2260 - 11th Avenue

Regina, SK S4P 0J9

Phone: 306-751-3728

Fax: 306-757-0197

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Rumor has it in one of my 4 x 4 magazines that they want to restrict the tire size to 34" and raise height of a vehicle off factory to a max of 3".
Vehicles that are over that will have a huge...read as HUGE increase in insurance costs. Over 38" may not be insurable and will be considered off road use only.
Hang on boys, if it passes you know it's on the way to Alberta.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep, and my buddy had 35x22" on his harley 250 with only a leveling kit. A h2 can fit 37s with a leveling kit. I think the h2 would fit under factory acceptions, like lexus suvs with clear tail lights and old cars with no seat belts and only one mirror

poorboy

Reaction score
why do you have to lift your trucks anyways most is for show and with these big tires are brakes and steering upgraded as well not designed for such mods from the factory so they should pay as they are not safe

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do you have to lift your trucks anyways most is for show and with these big tires are brakes and steering upgraded as well not designed for such mods from the factory so they should pay as they are not safe

Dont know about you but if a stock hummer H1 has better brakes than a 1 ton diesel man, but i think my truck stops just fine. I lifted my truck cause i use mine for work. when you have to drive down roads that have up to a 12" of mud and some times 24" of snow, its not like a stock truck can go down it. Now some of these guys that lift there trucks and put 44" tires on and drive down the road every were is a different story. But i for one have upgraded alot of stuff on my truck top handle bigger tires. I put a borgsen steering shaft in, HD Tie rod(stock is 7/8 mine is 1 1/4) and i also installed and engine brake to help slow the truck down. If a guy has the Mods to support the bigger tires and such, then why not.

poorboy

Reaction score
you are probably one in one out of a hundred that does but not everyone thinks that way and been along time since been around keliher grew up around westbend bankend area

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i know i maybe one a few that do stuff properly, but there is alot of guys that do. Like i said i built mine for work, not just looks. I see both sides of the story cause there is alot that just life them as high as they can and do do the supporting mods to help out the rest of the truck.

icefisher

Reaction score
a lift and bigger tire not only looks good but is a huge advantage for hunters and rednecks like us.:) not everyone does it for looks some have reason. i got an email and this is what they are saying postponed...

after-market raised vehicle policy update
>
> Please be advised that SGI is postponing the adoption of a raised
> vehicle policy to take the opportunity to participate on the Canadian
> Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA) Excessively-Raised
> Vehicle Working Group.
>
> The CCMTA convened the working group in September 2009 with a mandate
> to develop a national best practice for the regulation of
> excessively-raised vehicles.
>
> SGI’s involvement on the working group is a continuation of our
> efforts to develop a balanced and responsible raised vehicle policy that
> is consistent with other jurisdictions.
>
> Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the proposed policy and
> who participated in the public consultations.
>
> Please be assured that SGI will advise stakeholders prior to the
> implementation of a raised vehicle policy.
>
> For more information on the CCMTA, please visit their website at
> www.ccmta.ca.

crazy apex

Reaction score
I also have a raised truck and dont see anything wrong with it if it is done right what about some of those old cars that people fix up and put 5 to 6 hundred hp in them are they all safe

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor has it in one of my 4 x 4 magazines that they want to restrict the tire size to 34" and raise height of a vehicle off factory to a max of 3".
Vehicles that are over that will have a huge...read as HUGE increase in insurance costs. Over 38" may not be insurable and will be considered off road use only.
Hang on boys, if it passes you know it's on the way to Alberta.

There are already insurance companies out there that refuse to insure raised 4x4's. Hubby had a nice lifted F350 and we had put extra insurance on it because of all the goodies. Then, he built me a lifted F-350 Outlaw two years later: we went to insure with the same company and listed all the extra goodies and they REFUSED TO INSURE EITHER TRUCK!!! Luckily, we were able to find another insurance company that had no problem with it, but our insurance broker informed us that there is alot of talk at the insurance forums that in the near future, there will be alot of restrictions in place and insurance premiums will probably go WAAAY up... can hardly wait :nono:

Top Bottom