4Runner vs Pathfinder vs Highlander

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Hello Folks

My old Chev Tahoe has been sold. We are looking at purchasing a used 4Runner, Pathfinder, or Highlander. Anyone have one of these? If so, please comment on reliability, fuel economy, power, and overall ownership experience. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Had a late 90's pathfinder which ran strong up to 395K km before the ex sold it.... most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, comfort and options were A+ the only downside to it was fuel economy but I'm not sure any of the other suv's would be any better.

Nissan definitely ranks among the best in terms of reliability but apparently so does Toyota

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i were you i would research the cost to own averages and real life fuel economy reviews as that will be you best judge. im a chevy guy looking in and for imports they are high priced and hard on fuel (for their size). also check resale vaule, my sister has a nissan rougue and it lost over half its value in 2 years...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sold my Toyota fj cruiser,could not give it away !!!!NO MORE TOYOTAS FOR THIS GUY....................

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4runner all the way.... best built vehicle quality wise IMOP the factory they are built in is all computer run... no people except the computer guys... 0 quality problems.... in NA we have a 5 star gold ratting for the best built vehicle... the factory where the 4runner is built gets a 5 star platnum rating... they only built the 4runner and landcruiser at this factory... do the research... i don't own one as I don't fit well into it but if I could i'd own one for sure!

Not to mention its a true import... built and shipped from Japan... not sure about the highlander or the nissan

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sold my Toyota fj cruiser,could not give it away !!!!NO MORE TOYOTAS FOR THIS GUY....................

As I said Neville, FJ's are the only thing that's not really moving right now. They are not really practical for families. 4 Runner, Highlander and Rav4's are really moving.

Winch when you decide what you want, get a price from another dealership.....................then call Joe, tell him Lori referred you, and I bet you get a way better price :)

Top Bottom