44/36 helix pros & cons

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone run a fixed helix vs. adjustable helix what are the benefits and down falls?:confused:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What sled? Is this a fixed muti-angle helix or are you talking about a straight helix that is adjustable from 36 to 44 degrees?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a wise man on another forum once told me when I was learning clutching: "your power delivery is not linear, why should your clutching be?" I have always been a believer in multi-angle helixes. Bare with me since most of my experience has been with DooDoos....but seems to me a 44* on a AC is about the same as a 47 on a Doo because of the different diameter of the helix. On a 800cc 2-stroke with a long track I have always had great luck with wide-spread multi-angle helixes...I liked 47/32 or in that range. Dynamo Joe helixes are a combination of angles, but for the most part, they start steep(ish) for good acceleration out of the hole and end very shallow for good backshifting/downshifting when in a climb.

Short answer: I like multi-angle helixes for mountain applications.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so do you run multi angle adjustable torsion spring, or multi angle fixed compression sping? I have a CPC adjustable torsion 44/36 I'm not to impressed for some reason it binds when go in revers even backing off the trailer, so I don't know if I have spring preload to tight or what?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so do you run multi angle adjustable torsion spring, or multi angle fixed compression sping? I have a CPC adjustable torsion 44/36 I'm not to impressed for some reason it binds when go in revers even backing off the trailer, so I don't know if I have spring preload to tight or what?
Does the Kitty have RER...or a gearbox reverse? Torsion secondaries don't work well with RER...they fly open.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a diamond drive, with electronic revers 566.jpg

Last edited:

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bummer:( I guess it's best for me to contact CPC and get answer. thnx!!

Top Bottom