400ex

Reaction score
I hav a 2001 Honda 400ex bored out to a 440 but i dont know what kind of exhaust i should put on it....i have a White Brothers exhaust on it now.It was my older brothers old exhaust but it isnt as loud as the exhaust that was on my quad before i had to put on the White Brothers exhaust...got any ideas for a loud exhaust???

mudbug

Reaction score
I'm thinking stay with what you have, know one wants to listen to it out on the trail. Especially if you ride in rallys and what not!!:nono:

whopper809

Reaction score
Loud exhaust doesn't mean your making better power. I do know most hondas respond well to a Duncan racing Fat boy 4 systems. It also has a nice tone to it.

Reaction score
I'm thinking stay with what you have, know one wants to listen to it out on the trail. Especially if you ride in rallys and what not!!:nono:

everyone wants to here an exhaust and if they dont they can suck it up, its my quad ill have what i want on it

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hav a 2001 Honda 400ex bored out to a 440 but i dont know what kind of exhaust i should put on it....i have a White Brothers exhaust on it now.It was my older brothers old exhaust but it isnt as loud as the exhaust that was on my quad before i had to put on the White Brothers exhaust...got any ideas for a loud exhaust???

I think some other kid made a similar post, and one of the snowandmud members suggested cornering the pipe to direct it into your helmet for maximum noise.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i have the loudest pipe available for my quad and it has the second best power gains, the kid is asking a question and u guys just bash him for wanting a loud pipe. and to be completely honest lots of people appreciate a loud good sounding exhaust

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
lol i have the loudest pipe available for my quad and it has the second best power gains, the kid is asking a question and u guys just bash him for wanting a loud pipe. and to be completely honest lots of people appreciate a loud good sounding exhaust

Just like the last youngan who wants to be loud. Who cares if he wants to make noise. He came here to get some sort of answer, not an a$$-rippin.
Help him out.(if u can)

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big Gun makes about the loudest pipe I've heard on your machine, as for performance it's still a 400EX, you aint gonna get much.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big Gun makes about the loudest pipe I've heard on your machine, as for performance it's still a 400EX, you aint gonna get much.

man just cause its a 400ex doesnt mean its not gonna make any power, mine is bored out with exhaust, cam, clutch and an air filter and it keeps up with 450s, banshees and raptors. and has more low end then all of them. the 400ex is a very cheap quad and is easy to mod and make go fast and you dont have to deal with all the maintenance of the 450s or banshees or raptors, once i get a new aftermarket carb, itll be untouchable

bansheesrule

Reaction score
Ya man i agree with everyone saying to not worry bout a loud pipe. The only thing is if you ride somewhere that is close to maybe a farm or someting like that.
The pipes on my banshee are loud as crap and gave me lots of power!! Then how come lots of riders with big 4x4s do the loud exhaust thing then??? Do what you want!

Top Bottom