30" Mud Lites on Quads???

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running 30" XXL Mud Lite's on their machines? Or similar size?? Need some advice. Is this gonna turn into axle & CV problems all the time? Any problem spinning these big 30's? I do a fair amout of Muskeg riding. Own an 08 Outlander 800 with 27" Mud Lite XTR's, just looking for more ground clearance.

Discussion...

Attachments

• mudlite_xxl.jpg
    mudlite_xxl.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

RyanGSP

Reaction score
They look pretty sweet and might clear when its in the truck or on the driveway but what happens when you are out playing. I would be worried about going over a bump and ripping a fender or somthing.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Exactly(about rippin plastic), have a buddy w 29.5s on his outtie and i think he's broken 3 front axles already . Unless you have a good person behind your warranty claims, you'll be in for a surprise. I heard can-am warranties everything these days.
Warranty people sure know how to cover theirs and their customers asses when it comes to clutched/lifted/29.5's outties that come from the dealer, with busted fr cv shafts. I know Suzuki Canada asks what kind of mods are on the bike's and what the rider actually rides through or even if they'd ever had the first service completed on their bikes.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be ok if you are not to heavy on the throttle got a buddy runs them on 750 brute and has taken out three front diffs. and axles but he is heavy on the throttle when stuck. all were changed under warranty to.... also if you are running a lift kit makes it harder on axles.:d

TKOOIL

Reaction score
My buddy runs them on an 07 kingquad they seem to work good.I run 29.5 outlaws on my brute and as long as you are a bit cautious when stuck I have had 1 axle break but it was my own fault caught a root in the skeg at wot.

he does have a 2 inch lift on his and broke 2 axles at loon lake spring rally but
he is heavy on the throttle.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know i would not go too big anymore i had 29.5s and i just broke stuff, 27'' outlaws will go further then 30'' lite mud tires will in the skeg from what iv seen, all the big lite mud tires will do better is maybe clear big rocks and downed trees.... im not a fan of the mud lites. get what you want but it just seems like it throws your gear ratios out way too much on atvs goin with truck sized atv tires.

RyanGSP

Reaction score
If your gear your quad for the tires it wont throw out the gear ratio.

If you put big tires on and dont change your gear ratios your not fully or properly installing your tires.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the 30" mudlites on my brute. Put 1000 km on them before i sold the quad. That thing was unstoppable. Only thing is you have to set the quad up for the large tires. Clutching is a big one. I dont ride easy by any means and didnt break anything in 1000km. Only thing is i found them hard to steer when not moving. But its all in the rider weather or not the quad will handle them.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure seems to depend on who you talk to??? Some guys say breakin stuff all the time...others say no problem? WTF!?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well how do you ride your machine ??? I will admit i ride mine like i stole it but ... so that i know was 99% my fault for breakin every thing... so i like to stick to the 27'' tires way less problems for me. what size rims do you got ?? 12'' or 14'' think you can only get 30'' tires for 14'' rimms just another thing to think about..

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure seems to depend on who you talk to??? Some guys say breakin stuff all the time...others say no problem? WTF!?

Ya but guys whop break stuff do ride hard, but look at the tires they were running. OUTLAWS. They weight alot more than the mudlights do thats for sure. I rode my quad hard and fast. And i didnt break anything. You just have to know when to use low gear. In high gear i did smoke the belt a few times, but thats rider error. And yes there is alot of mixed opions on large tires. If you want a good size, go with the 28" Swamplites. Buddy as them and they are just as tall as the 29.5" tires but still pack a deep lug and are light. I guess it also depends on the quads. My quad had 4600km on it when i sold it and it only ever had the clutch and belt and some other little odds fixed in its life. I guess it just depends on the quad and the rider.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well how do you ride your machine ??? I will admit i ride mine like i stole it but ... so that i know was 99% my fault for breakin every thing... so i like to stick to the 27'' tires way less problems for me. what size rims do you got ?? 12'' or 14'' think you can only get 30'' tires for 14'' rimms just another thing to think about..

My WTF only meant that there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on this matter. I ride the sh!t out of mine. Just don't ever wanna break an axle and have to get pulled out of the bush and ruin a day of riding. I am gonna stick with my 14 X 27's for now. Next time I am gonna try one size larger...

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My WTF only meant that there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on this matter. I ride the sh!t out of mine. Just don't ever wanna break an axle and have to get pulled out of the bush and ruin a day of riding. I am gonna stick with my 14 X 27's for now. Next time I am gonna try one size larger...

yea nothing worse then getting pulled out of the bush by a honda... :beer::d:beer:

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put some 32'' silver backs on her and let that beast east... all about throttle controle.

What were the Gorilla Axles worth? 32" SBacks? Is there some course a guy can take to learn this "Throttle Control" you speak of??

bigerbrute750

Reaction score
the gorrila axels costed me about 600 a pop kinda expencive but hope it was worth it and the tires wear about 1000. GOt emm shiped from the states. check out Gorilla Axle... hope i can get a 6'' lift on this baybe next.. love the gorrilla stuff.

bigerbrute750

Reaction score
the gorrilla axels costed about 600 a pice and the tires wear about 1000 total i ordered the tires off gorrilas web site Gorilla Axle

as for the throttle controle thing, just gotta have the feel, gotta know you can run wot throug a mud hole spinnin the crap out of a tire that size, i like to keep her around 1/2 throttle, and apply more or less depending on the amount of spinning im doing.... Hope i can get a 6'' gorrilla lift next and i wanna do the rad relocate too.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was doin some readin on the 32'' silverbacks ... lots of guys are actully takin out there trannys with the silver backs. but go for if if your rich... the 32'' backs make 29.5s look small

MoAb Racing

Reaction score
If you want to run 29.5 outlaws you have to put a 2 inch lift bracket in the front High lifter sells them. If you dont your front tires could rip out your front head lights or fenders. Now with that being said it changes the angle of the axels thus putting more strain on the CV. If you are hard on the throttle and your axels are fully extended you will more then likely snap a CV. I dont want to scare you away from buying these tires they are great not quite as good as silver backs IMO. I have run 29.5" outlaws for 1 1/2 years no problems and 32" silverbacks on my mudder and have had zero axel problems. If you worried about your CV and axels you can always give my buddies a call at gorilla axel for a set of heavy duty axels and CV's they are designed to take that kind of abuse.

Top Bottom