3" track with reverse diamond drive

HDSledder

Reaction score
I'm putting a 3" Camo in my 07 M1000 with reverse diamond drive. Anyone know how much you have to take off of the rubber nubs on the dd side of track? Is it just the metal clips you have to trim or remove the whole nub?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm putting a 3" Camo in my 07 M1000 with reverse diamond drive. Anyone know how much you have to take off of the rubber nubs on the dd side of track? Is it just the metal clips you have to trim or remove the whole nub?

You have to trim the rubber too. Is it an extreme? My camo extreme 2.5" already has little tiny nubs on it. No trimming at all with that one. But I would say take off a good 1/4" should do it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Take the metal side off the clip but leave as much of the rubber nub as you can and still clear the DD. Even a 1/4" of nub remaining will help. The little rubber nubs remaining will help guide the track along the slide rails, and won't cause an issue if they touch the DD. The metal clips will wear into the DD case if for some reason it touches, so take the metal all the way down.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes make sure the metal clips are ground flat with no burr's left. I had a few that were not right flat & gouged my sliders a bit. I also trimmed the corners of the outside paddles on a 45 so there was no rubbing on inside edge of tunnel.

Top Bottom