3" track WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little info for anybody who is planning on buying a new 3" camo track in nortnern Alberta. There are some tracks out there that are factory seconds and were fire saled last spring. These tracks are easy to spot, they have a random pattern of reversed center lugs. Sounds like it would be great for braking, but these tracks were sold at a crazy discounted price, and have zero warranty.

The shop that sold me the track replaced it without hesitation but they do have more on the shelf, lets just hope they either sell them at a discounted price or trash them all together.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little info for anybody who is planning on buying a new 3" camo track in nortnern Alberta. There are some tracks out there that are factory seconds and were fire saled last spring. These tracks are easy to spot, they have a random pattern of reversed center lugs. Sounds like it would be great for braking, but these tracks were sold at a crazy discounted price, and have zero warranty.

The shop that sold me the track replaced it without hesitation but they do have more on the shelf, lets just hope they either sell them at a discounted price or trash them all together.

Not really following you, what is the problem with the track ???
No warranty is that the issue? I take it more to it than this,
If so goes back to that old saying" you get what you pay for".

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of the three inchers with the odd backwards center paddle (1-2 backwards on the hole track). I thouht they were all like that. I've had the track on for 500 Km so far with no issues. The track looks to be visually the same quality as any other track. Whats the deal with them? I also payed im pretty sure to full price to.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
If your running a "blow em up special" mini mod you'll probably be fine.:p
But if your swinging it 70-80++ mph track speed with some serious 4 stroke HP.....watch for tunnel denting and lugs flying out the back:eek:
:d:d:beer::beer:
RS

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes there is warranty on 3" tracks. At least up until this past Friday anyways.
The issue here is that you could be paying top dollar ( 1200.00 ) or more for a track that is less than 100%. If I was told that the track was a factory second but I could buy it for say $795.00, maybe I would still buy that track, but it would be on me. like they say " you get what you pay for "

T

TracksCanada

This is Curtis from TRACKS CANADA in SOUTHERN Alberta (Calgary)

We have NEVER had any Discount Blem tracks and WILL NOT carry them !!!!!

We carry only the # 1 QUALITY CAMOPLAST 3" TRACKS

Part # 9116 Camo Extreme 162x16x3" in 3.0 pitch

Part #9115 Camo Extreme 174x16x3" in 3.0 pitch

Thank you to all our loyal customers.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked my track and it has the #9116 posted on the track. So that makes me feel better. So do these tracks have warranty or not then?

Thanks
Matt

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We have NEVER had any of these Discount Blem tracks and WILL NOT carry them !!!!!

Thanks Curtis for posting. I have one of your tracks as well and it is indeed top shelf.
TW here is a pic of the defective track.

Attachments

• track 1.jpg
    track 1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 66

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have NEVER had any of these Discount Blem tracks and WILL NOT carry them !!!!!

Hi Curtis,
Im just curious whether or not all the tracks produced would have the part number on them. Are they marked as seconds, or do we just look for the obvious mistake.thanks

T

TracksCanada

Hi Curtis,
Im just curious whether or not all the tracks produced would have the part number on them. Are they marked as seconds, or do we just look for the obvious mistake.thanks

From the president " we don't sell BLEMS. Only first quality tracks, anything defective is destroyed"
That's good enough for me.:d
I have never be solicited in 7 years to buy anything classified as a BLEM or a SECOND rate CAMOPLAST TRACK.
Every CAMOPLAST TRACK has a serial # on it and my supplier has at his disposal a copy of ALL the 3" paddle tracks serial #'s.

There is a lot more to this story than is being told. The 3" paddle tracks are made in a mould, you can't turn the paddle design around backwards in the mould.:nono:
So inquiring minds what to know how this happened. I have my own opinion but I'll wait to see if the truth comes out.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's play the logic game:

-all Camoplast tracks come from a mold with all paddles facing forward
-Tracks exist out there with some paddles backwards

conclusion: the backwards paddle track are not Camoplast.:eek:

Theory: Chinese knock-offs? Aliens? Bogger's Telekinesis? :d:d:d

T

TracksCanada

Hi TracksCanada, was wondering if you could give a brief price of the 163 inch track and how long is the warranty on these tracks?
Sorry can't put prices on here against Camoplast rules. E-mail me at tracksca@telus.net and I'll be pleased to give you a honest quote.

I'd be happy to put the warranty up, it's on Camoplast website
2 year warranty.

L8TR: Curtis

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's play the logic game:

-all Camoplast tracks come from a mold with all paddles facing forward
-Tracks exist out there with some paddles backwards

conclusion: the backwards paddle track are not Camoplast.:eek:

Theory: Chinese knock-offs? Aliens? Bogger's Telekinesis? :d:d:d

This was absolutly a Camoplast track. I am thinking that these trasks are very lightly used tracks that were repaired by a local shop and are being resold as new. I really don't think the 3 " track market is big enough to even get a company to produce knock offs.
I won't get into names on here but I would like this shop to give us a story on where the tracks came from. They had at least 3 or 4 more of these tracks on the shelf.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wclh, i'll post up a track price which one did you want, nothing to hide here.

Top Bottom