3" Snow Flap

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
So I just picked up my 163x3" LE. I noticed to snow flap is quite rigid. looks like a good design for cooling on the trail but seems too rigid to fold back out of the way and might channel snow on top of the track. What has everyone's experience been?

Nuge

Reaction score
Picked mine up last week and noticed the same thing.Dealer said its got something to do with how the 3" throws the snow and trying to recapture it????

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Recapturing the snow is what I am worried about off the trail. I was thinking give it a try and if it seems to ingest snow on top of the track in deep snow maybe go to a Pro flap and run two sets of scratchers on the trail if need be.

Nuge

Reaction score
Was thinkin pro flap as well if not impressed by the stock one. Sure hope double scratchers aren't necessary ,pain in the A_ _!

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The SKS comes with the rigid flap as well, mine was cracked almost all the way through so i ripped it off and got a pro flap. Now just to install it, haha

Uzeste

Reaction score
The stock 3" one is too rigid it bends the mount on the back of the tunnel. Used the regular pro one.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ported flap with the 2.4" track on the Pro-ride was good, now with the 2.6" on my AXYS it lasted 1/2 season as it got sucked in to the bigger lugs. Buddies 3" version with the non-ported was even worse and too failed quickly. With the new flap I put on I had to put a piece of thick mudflap under the first few inches of the flap so it could not get sucked in to the track again.

BigB88

Reaction score
I haven't had a issue with mine on my 16 with a 3', on my old 11 pro the flap would always seem to folded under and I haven't had that happen once now... I seem to remember that if you pushed in the middle of the flap it would stay in a more straight back forum? I could be wrong about that though, I don't I feel like running out to the shop to check haha

AK FULL THROTTLE

Reaction score
No issues with mine either. Works much better on hard back than the normal one and has held all last season on boost.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that backing in to a snowbank is an easy way to have it fold and get ducked into the tunnel. I had issues with my 15 t3 and it split on the bottom. Just brought the 174le home and pulled it off the truck. No issues yet. Lol

Top Bottom