3.5" pitch 6 tooth drivers

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
if this new track on the gen4 skidoo's is as good as claimed. will we be able to stuff it under the regular xp-xm chassis sleds with just a driver change. i've currently got a second set of drivers with the doo 7T drivers and the 3" 154 flex edge track. for my freeride. and switch between the stock 2.5 (riding around home) a 14" wide cut and screwed trencher light track (snow drags) and the 3" flexedge for B.C.

i am really curious if i will be able to stuff that 3.5" pitch track under my freeride, then i can buy some rails and donate my current 3" to the girlfriends 146.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I phoned avid. He's got a mold for the 6t 3.5 driver ready for the old drive shaft. He was skeptical about the track going around the tips of the rails w/o stabbing. I'm sure there will be a way around that too. I'm not worried, I think i'll give the new track a whirl myself. Looks great.

tchriste

Reaction score
I ordered a new G4 154 with the 3 inch track and 3.5 pitch. Coming off a Cat I was concerned about track stabbing so I had a good talk with the local doo dealer and he felt the opening weren't wide enough to allow the rails to go through the track.....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow 6 tooth, thats just crazy. Hope it works.

I bet that down the road, that they will make a 5" pitch, then go back to a 2.5 window configuration. Then you could have more teeth on the drivers.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow 6 tooth, thats just crazy. Hope it works.

I bet that down the road, that they will make a 5" pitch, then go back to a 2.5 window configuration. Then you could have more teeth on the drivers.

6 teeth but with the larger pitch it will be the same diameter as 7 or real close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
i'm not concerned about stuffing the rails through the windows. i'm running the wedges and anti stab setup off the utility sleds. they helped great with ski lift and trenching.

i really want to hear some feedback on this track though. ten pounds weight savings in rotational mass is huge.

666666666.jpg

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
tundra's expeditions' and skandics all have them just make sure if ordering the parts you order off a tundra or expedition sport model.

typical DOO, go backwards with the approach angle in 2010 then fix it with this setup in the utility sleds, but not the mountain sleds.

503192644 front shaft
503192611 100mm wheel x2
503192612 plate x2
503192609 LH rail cap
503192610 RH rail cap

i cut the shaft down for the limiter straps with a pipe cutter, and used a bunch of misc bolts from my tool box. i used old torx head bolts from the helix on a qrs clutch for the front shaft cause there is no clearance there once the cap is in place. you have to cut down your sliders as well and drill a hole in the rail for the slider retaining bolt. you can see in the picture i lined it up with window in the rail.

Top Bottom