2ohp yamaha problem

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dad has a boat with a 20 horse yammi on it (outboard) and we troll most of the time at slow speeds , well this is the first time this has ever happened but when you go to go slow it just stalls and the only way to prevent a stall is to pull the chock in and out real fast to stop it from stalling!:mad: we love fishing and are planning a trip tomorrow or wednesday so reply by then or i will hunt you down and break both your legs!!!!!! mwahahahahaha! lol jk! seriously do you know whats wrong?:confused:

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like varnish/dirt mite be in your idle jet....did you stabilize the fuel before winter storage?? just take carb off...remove fuel bowl and you will see two brass jets clean them out with some carb cleaner and low pressure air..wear your safety glasses!! reassemble and troll away!! hope this helps B

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like varnish/dirt mite be in your idle jet....did you stabilize the fuel before winter storage?? just take carb off...remove fuel bowl and you will see two brass jets clean them out with some carb cleaner and low pressure air..wear your safety glasses!! reassemble and troll away!! hope this helps B

hey thanks man it does help! we kind of thought that might be it! but its an outboard so we just disconnect the gas tank and store it in the house! like i said its and outboard and it does not have a steering wheele.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thanks man it does help! we kind of thought that might be it! but its an outboard so we just disconnect the gas tank and store it in the house! like i said its and outboard and it does not have a steering wheele.

if it runs on gas and its gonna sit u gotta stabilize the fuel...especially nowadays with ethonol blended fuels.....gas goes bad real fast!!!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Right before you disconnect the tank start the thing up and "Fog" the engine with what ever fogging agent you choose. Disconnect the tank poor the gas from the tank into your "Ice Auger", put the engine in the house and pour yourself a rye and coke and relax :d
The little bit of gas left in that carb bowl can cause you alot of greif after it sits for 7 months. My weed eater has cost me a lot of drinking time this spring just because of this :eek:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right before you disconnect the tank start the thing up and "Fog" the engine with what ever fogging agent you choose. Disconnect the tank poor the gas from the tank into your "Ice Auger", put the engine in the house and pour yourself a rye and coke and relax :d
The little bit of gas left in that carb bowl can cause you alot of greif after it sits for 7 months. My weed eater has cost me a lot of drinking time this spring just because of this :eek:

oh ok , now it makes sense! thanks. ttpowersports told me how to fix it!

Top Bottom