2021 Polaris

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not only do i believe it, i live it and see it with my own eyes quite regularily. Once in a while ill throw out a statement that might be for reaction sakes but not often LOL. im not sure why we are talking about sidewinders now but They have their place on the mountain forsure. But to say a STOCK sidewinder will blow the doors off a Turbo skidoo is just not correct. ya program it and shed some weight it will work better, But i can guarantee you in tricky situations it still wont perform as well. It might out pull it on a straight climb but theres much more to mountain riding than that. IMO. and yes, i do feel the mid selection of snowmobile is currently the best option. Best power to weight ratio with warranty dont touch a thing out of the box. Cant go wrong with that. But whatever works for you, if thats a 125hp polaris axys thats fantastic lol well still all be riding in the same spot so what does it really matter. Pick whats best for you.

We're talking Sidewinders now because you chose to pick on a non-turbo sled as a direct contender at altitude, when in fact the 'Winder been a stock contender far superior to the T850 for four. fawkin. years. already.

You seem to think that doo invented boost.. LMFAO Don't make me call up kingcat to straighten you out again. :alol2:

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can confirm. We had Catman10 174 270 Hp sidewinder out with Maxwell on the weekend. The sidewinder does outclimb the doo turbo but not by as much as we all would have thought.

How did the Polaris vs turbo Doo comparisons go?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How did the Polaris vs turbo Doo comparisons go?

The Polaris wasnt running at its best. I tried a head and was told that it would work at 6000' on premium. Well..... they don't. Detonated a bunch and required lots of AV gas to stop, which then made less power and I lost 250-300 rpm over stock. But, thats whya i test them and find out if the manufacture is full of sh!t or not. Even not running well, the polaris 850 and mod Alpha aren't that far behind the Doo turbo. Ill have videos of each sled. Did the same pull with each sled, the Doo just does it a little bit faster.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris wasnt running at its best. I tried a head and was told that it would work at 6000' on premium. Well..... they don't. Detonated a bunch and required lots of AV gas to stop, which then made less power and I lost 250-300 rpm over stock. But, thats whya i test them and find out if the manufacture is full of sh!t or not. Even not running well, the polaris 850 and mod Alpha aren't that far behind the Doo turbo. Ill have videos of each sled. Did the same pull with each sled, the Doo just does it a little bit faster.

its true, Once the turbo skidoo makes the track up over the top the Other machines are pretty close to getting up in the poached track.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL. The video will show that the ground speed is only slightly faster on the Doo. Tracks were poached by both sleds..

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just to be clear then a factory stock turbo doo works almost as well as a big hp 174 Sidewinder mod and a mod Polaris 850 N/A works almost as well as the turbo doo and therefore works almost as well as the Sidewinder mod? Sounds like someone is embellishing something somewhere... maybe.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just to be clear then a factory stock turbo doo works almost as well as a big hp 174 Sidewinder mod and a mod Polaris 850 N/A works almost as well as the turbo doo and therefore works almost as well as the Sidewinder mod? Sounds like someone is embellishing something somewhere... maybe.

Moral of the story is, at 6500ft the T850 makes 20-25% more ground speed and track speed. It outperforms any stock sled by the advertised HP difference. Im not sure what Ben is refering too but there has never been a hill where a stock machine has come within that 25% margin of my climbs. 20-25% ground speed might sound insignificant but it sure isnt LOL

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moral of the story is, at 6500ft the T850 makes 20-25% more ground speed and track speed. It outperforms any stock sled by the advertised HP difference. Im not sure what Ben is refering too but there has never been a hill where a stock machine has come within that 25% margin of my climbs. 20-25% ground speed might sound insignificant but it sure isnt LOL

I am not sure how you came up with these percentages, radar gun, timing lights etc or are they just some more Maxwell made up chit:confused:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On average the 850T has about 5 to 6 MPH more track speed, depending on snow conditions, from what i seen this weekend all the sleds worked good, and yes niners worked good with his new team, even had a yammy guy ride the 850T, i am sure he liked it.

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On average the 850T has about 5 to 6 MPH more track speed, depending on snow conditions, from what i seen this weekend all the sleds worked good, and yes niners worked good with his new team, even had a yammy guy ride the 850T, i am sure he liked it.

Thats spot on. The skidoo holds 80km/hr track speed and my Polaris is 72km/hr.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sooo.. 11% higher track speed. I like facts. :)

If i put a 15 wide track on an 850T You would see an additional 5+ km/h track speed at least. But who does that, i ride deep snow. Spinning a larger track Faster with more surface area equates to additional performance gain. Common man, this is simple stuff, try and keep up

Last edited:
Top Bottom