2020 SkiDoo 850 Expert

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I looked through the owner's manual to no avail. Hood is off, exhaust is off, and I am pulling the foam and felt out on my Expert. I noticed there are none of those fancy lock washers on the exhaust sensors on the muffler nor on the suitcase. Question to the experts out there. What are the torque specs for these sensors? I will do them up friggin' tight as in past years they have been known to come loose and throw codes.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked through the owner's manual to no avail. Hood is off, exhaust is off, and I am pulling the foam and felt out on my Expert. I noticed there are none of those fancy lock washers on the exhaust sensors on the muffler nor on the suitcase. Question to the experts out there. What are the torque specs for these sensors? I will do them up friggin' tight as in past years they have been known to come loose and throw codes.

Apparently the sensor material or the bung, (I have not seen them yet), had changed so both metals will expand and contract at the same rate. Therefore they stay tight on their own.

Seems wonky to me tho, it only took them 9 years to think of that???

Thats the story I heard. Could be BS.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My T3 never had the lock tabs. I hand tighten them up and never had one come loose. I just did the same on the 2020.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at the rave valve oil lines. There is also no clamps on the lines this year due to a different material hose used.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Apparently the sensor material or the bung, (I have not seen them yet), had changed so both metals will expand and contract at the same rate. Therefore they stay tight on their own.

Thanks Matt. Much appreciated.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not BS this is a new improvement!

Top Bottom