2020 Golf Season

2Turnipsinheat

Reaction score
Any golf course owners been told they cant open this year? I would google it but the rumor here at work is it came from the news and I'm on a lifetime news fast due to the inaccuracy and the brainwashing effects. Maybe you know someone. Getting a bit ridiculous. Lots of ways to follow these rules that I can see.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of mumbling over here about that too, still a bit of snow on our town course and I just heard the birchbark (trail area) course just went into receiver ship last week.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not a golf course owner, but yes, the provincial gov’t (AB) has deemed golf courses as non-essential. So, with only essential businesses allowed to be open currently, golf courses are to remain closed for the time being. Im not sure about other provinces, but probably the same.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golf courses are not open for business, but they are allowed to maintain them if they follow the social distancing requirements.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That golf course has been around since I was a kid many many years ago
Lots of mumbling over here about that too, still a bit of snow on our town course and I just heard the birchbark (trail area) course just went into receiver ship last week.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are signed up for the mixed league at Lakewood Golf course outside Sylvan Lake. We received an email on Apr 7th stating they were allowed to open on schedule this year.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are signed up for the mixed league at Lakewood Golf course outside Sylvan Lake. We received an email on Apr 7th stating they were allowed to open on schedule this year.

I would contact them to confirm if that is still true

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would contact them to confirm if that is still true
We are suppose to get the schedule this week. So if things gave changed we will likely hear then. There is a fair amount of snow that needs to melt anyway.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice government move, so pushing a shopping cart around Costco is less dangerous than 1 person in a golf cart that has been sani wiped just like the Costco cart.

2Turnipsinheat

Reaction score
Nice government move, so pushing a shopping cart around Costco is less dangerous than 1 person in a golf cart that has been sani wiped just like the Costco cart.

Yeah common sense will tell you that it can be done but who knows, doesn't seem like it's about the C19 anymore so Fuk it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Right off the alberta.ca website. Your golf course should look into it. Until this is lifted, they cannot open according to this.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even unmanned shooting ranges have been shut down. I don’t see how one person on a range alone could cause any social distancing issues... but the government says no to throwing lead down range.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even unmanned shooting ranges have been shut down. I don’t see how one person on a range alone could cause any social distancing issues... but the government says no to throwing lead down range.
They don’t want you to become a better shot. I’m sure there will be all kinds of lead fired at them soon enough.

2Turnipsinheat

Reaction score
At this point I believe they could just shut the grocery stores down and we would believe that the government was just helping save us

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off the topic a bit I saw a post of some people are pissed that Teck is still operating. WTF Shut everything down and lock everyone in their homes. Sorry back to golfing. There is a great little place to golf close to my campsite by Jaffery. Hope it opens next month.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off the topic a bit I saw a post of some people are pissed that Teck is still operating. WTF Shut everything down and lock everyone in their homes.

Probably the same leaf lickers that are always pissed that Teck is operating. New excuse is all.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend owns Pipestone Links out in Millet, he has been told he is closed for business until further notice.

I'll be out there every day with the whole coarse to ourselves. In our own carts keeping our social distance of coarse.

Sucks for him but I expect my game to get exponentially better.

Top Bottom