2018 Sidewinder Who's Getting One??

stonycat

Reaction score
What is making you want a sidewinder over a king cat? The cat comes with what I think is very good clutching, $2000 upgrade and the rest is mostly the same. Help me out I'm thinking cat. And I'm a Doo guy.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is making you want a sidewinder over a king cat? The cat comes with what I think is very good clutching, $2000 upgrade and the rest is mostly the same. Help me out I'm thinking cat. And I'm a Doo guy.
What's wrong with yamaha clutches? And belts are cheaper on the yamaha

stonycat

Reaction score
I don't know anything about yamaha clutching. But I know a lot of people up grade with team clutches. So I'm assuming they are better.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer Yamaha either way as my personal preference, dirt bikes, my old yfz450 race quad I had and now a sidewinder I'm gonna try out. But the differences that I can see are:

Clutching - I've read on here and other sites Yamaha has it dialed. I have also rode the 2018 and 2017 sidewinder enjoyed it a lot. Belts are cheap aswell.

The shock package is better this 2018 year with Yamaha going QS3 all around and a QSL in the rear. The Cat gets float 3 in front and rear with only the QSL.

Yamaha has more of a color choice unless you wanted a racing blue 162" which I did but cannot really get.

Catman10 did a nice write up about the wiring and finishing details aswell that helped persuade me. It's on here just search for it.

And the final deciding factor was Randy Swenson showing us the sled first hand and how Yamaha came to revelstoke and took me and 3 of my Buddies on a mountain tour and let us try the sleds for an entire day. No strings attached.

The snowcheck programs are similar depending what you choose to go with and or pay cash ect.

I got a great deal on a 2018 162" Yamaha Sidewinder and cannot wait to pick it up next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stonycat

Reaction score
Ya the demo ride would sway me as well. Thanks for info. But I have a little green in my blood from years back. And I can't seem to shake it. If you don't mind. Can you p/m me the pricing you got. I only have checked cat prices. Thanks

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent you the pricing info!

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we requested 162" and that's what they brought, with the power I think that would be a wheelie machine though.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I cannot wait for next season already sold the project drag car for this new sled. Ready to toss on some lightweight parts, add some custom touches, hopefully over summer most aftermarket parts like seats become available. Thinking the stage 4 EVP kit. Some kind of custom Wrap and then just lots of seat time and epic POW days.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0799.jpg

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I cannot wait for next season already sold the project drag car for this new sled. Ready to toss on some lightweight parts, add some custom touches, hopefully over summer most aftermarket parts like seats become available. Thinking the stage 4 EVP kit. Some kind of custom Wrap and then just lots of seat time and epic POW days.

which model did you order?

Top Bottom