2018 Mountian Cat ... Peek see

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Cycle has one sitting in there showroom Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called and asked if they had a 200, they don't. They do however have a picture that you could take a picture of, close enough right.... hahaha. But in all seriousness, I did call them first thing this morning cause I wanted to go check it out. They're not sure when they'll get one into the showroom.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I called and asked if they had a 200, they don't. They do however have a picture that you could take a picture of, close enough right.... hahaha. But in all seriousness, I did call them first thing this morning cause I wanted to go check it out. They're not sure when they'll get one into the showroom.

Alberta Cycle is normally pretty good with posting updates on here, as is T&T Powersports Bonnyville..... I'll keep my ears open, if I hear of anyone with a 200 I'll post it up.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Writing an average rider review on the big 3. I have ridden the 18 Cat, owned a 850 doo and now have a 17 axys. I tell it as it is, no bull****. The 18 Cat hype is real.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Writing an average rider review on the big 3. I have ridden the 18 Cat, owned a 850 doo and now have a 17 axys. I tell it as it is, no bull****. The 18 Cat hype is real.

I'm a doo rider myself but all 3 look great. I don't think you can go wrong with any purchase you make. Get on and ride it like you stole it.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

Funny thing is, Cat didn't really hype the new sleds, at least not compared to the other 3. Seems like their advertising budget is about
to 5% of BRP's.
Love the honest review.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree kanedog on the advertising budgets! The hype I meant was from social media. Haha. Just finished the review topic... Go have a gander if ya like!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I see in the mountains the track length is less important than most keyboard jockeys would care to admit. IF the track angle on the cat is as good as it looks combined with power claw 3x163 that will be a great sled. I like my 174 doo, but in some ways riding buddies 154 is a funner sled.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question is, can I test ride a 2018 Cat when I go to the mountains in a couple weeks?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is this lock out feature they speak of?
The new shock has 3 settings. Soft , medium and lock. The lock is super stiff and doesn't allow the skid to couple, which keeps the front end down.

AltaCycle

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Every dealer IS Allocated a few ZR200 only, I suggest if you want get deposit down at Alberta Cycle or T&T. I can say this as both of us just rode the new ZR200 and it a blast works very well out of the box. Oval racing is must for adults!

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Disclaimer. I think the new cat is sweet, this is as Polaris video but getting back to the 174 argument and why cat didn't bring one out for MY18. 155, SLP pipe and can and burandt shocks. In my opinion the work done to this sled is now putting it close to a stock cat. His belt is squeaking too so probably close to the low end of the cat clutch but still not quite. I honestly don't think a 174 would have done this. Track is too long and he would have suffered trying to make those tight turns. If someone wants to use a cat as a hill climber they can put what ever track they want and probably will. But for an all around machine the 174 is a bit overkill in my opinion.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1424715690926064&id=164846380246341

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Back shift is a bit lazy and it sounds like sled is struggling a bit on a couple of the longish pulls. Come on Burandt clutch team. Get on it. Most Burandt videos the clutching is crisp. This one is off a bit. Maybe it was a Friday or something.

Top Bottom