2018 boating pics and videos

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Did some exploring on lake koocanusa today with throttleops. Couldn’t get over how clear the water is. And warm. Unreal, every time I looked down it made me laugh.
09bbbce34dd4affdf6575fabf9f2983f.jpg

c0abfdcde04cbf6428be2610d8bd7b2d.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
where abouts were you with Cal?

We went up the koocanusa to where they go cliff diving, then by some ranch thing with campers. And then down the west side of the lake to the USA border. Found that little beach in that cove. Unbelievable sand there, get like I was in Cuba again. Went onto the USA side, then my drone got a warning saying flying by an airport and I didn’t want to mess around so we came back to the Canada side, did like 20 minutes of fishing because there was little Kokanee’s jumping all over but me being an uneducated Saskatchewan farmboy I felt like i was made from spare parts throwing a weight in the water with a string on it because it’s fun. Lol

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful crossing the border...the US border patrol boat has twin 250’s and you might not get back to Canada before they catch you. Talked with those boys three years ago and they said they were going to start confiscation of offending boats...not sure if they are actually doing it now. We are camping on the US side right now and I’ve seen them the last 2 days.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bet that lake is busy this weekend
We went up the koocanusa to where they go cliff diving, then by some ranch thing with campers. And then down the west side of the lake to the USA border. Found that little beach in that cove. Unbelievable sand there, get like I was in Cuba again. Went onto the USA side, then my drone got a warning saying flying by an airport and I didn’t want to mess around so we came back to the Canada side, did like 20 minutes of fishing because there was little Kokanee’s jumping all over but me being an uneducated Saskatchewan farmboy I felt like i was made from spare parts throwing a weight in the water with a string on it because it’s fun. Lol

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful crossing the border...the US immigration boat has twin 250’s and you might not get back to Canada before they catch you. Talked with those boys three years ago and they said they were going to start confiscation of offending boats...not sure if they are actually doing it now. We’ are camping on the US side right now and I’ve seen them the last 2 days.

I thought you were allowed to cross on water and you were fine as long as you’re not fishing and you don’t go near shore?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have crossed lots of times and have been told that as long as you don't get out of the boat you are fine. Maybe they are getting stricter in the last couple years? Lots of nice coves and spots to go and get away from the crowds!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have crossed lots of times and have been told that as long as you don't get out of the boat you are fine. Maybe they are getting stricter in the last couple years? Lots of nice coves and spots to go and get away from the crowds!
Maybe get out next time and claim refugee status.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you were allowed to cross on water and you were fine as long as you’re not fishing and you don’t go near shore?

Not allowed anymore...used to be you could cross over as long as you didn't hook up with another boat or go on shore.

Yesterday we saw a houseboat come across from Canada and they made it about 10 minutes towards Rexford before both patrol boats pulled up along side and then turned them around. Good thing they didn't confiscate the houseboat and the ski boat they were towing behind.

We were camping on the American side this weekend and while boating at the border, we spotted a camera up in one of the trees just up from the shore. It is equipped with two solar panels, a microwave link and a large Pelican case that must be filled with electronics.

They are watching you...LOL

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday, the 4th we launched on Harrison Lake for the first time. Green Point day use area is awesome with a fantastic concrete launch. First traveled to Rainbow Falls. Very well built dock there and a quick five minute hike to
the falls. Well worth it. Left there and did the 16 km run to Long Island. Very large, well built public dock system there, but very busy. There was one spot left to squeeze our boat into. Hiked on the island for an hour or so, then headed out into the sheltered cove to let the grandkids go rock jumping. Once done in the sheltered area, I pulled out into the main part of the lake to find the wind had really kicked up. 16 km back to the boat launch with 4-6 ft whitecaps. All in all, a very fun day and I look forward to my next Harrison trip.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not allowed anymore...used to be you could cross over as long as you didn't hook up with another boat or go on shore.

Yesterday we saw a houseboat come across from Canada and they made it about 10 minutes towards Rexford before both patrol boats pulled up along side and then turned them around. Good thing they didn't confiscate the houseboat and the ski boat they were towing behind.

We were camping on the American side this weekend and while boating at the border, we spotted a camera up in one of the trees just up from the shore. It is equipped with two solar panels, a microwave link and a large Pelican case that must be filled with electronics.

They are watching you...LOL

Was dirt bike there around 2004 and had a buddy that thought it would be cool to go for a rip on the other side of the border. It took him 8hrs to get back to the campsite after being questioned by the border patrol. He got a fine

Top Bottom