2017 Ski-Doo P-Drive Clutch, Engine and Forged Crank Vids

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow very impressed with the engineering in this new motor. Should alleviate some of the well known issues with doo motors like crank runout and isoflex grease.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always get a kick out of technical types trying to play salesman. Some very cool tech being added to these new Ski-Doo machines...some old tech being touted as groundbreaking as well.

Man it s a good time to be a mountain sledder...exchange rates aside haha.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on Skidoo for the innovations in technology. I like the new primary and nice to see they addressed the crankshaft bearing lubrication. Looks like a winner to me. Almost makes me want to buy a Skidoo:p

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the open design I could see less crap like belt dust etc being trapped inside by centrifugal force like the TRA. that was the roller killer in my opinion. once the bushing inside the old rollers started degrading it was a pretty quick progression of wear. I'm happy to see they finally pulled their heads out of their collective asses by going to a whole new design

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of whining on here for a major improvement in clutching. Even if it is throw away it's not anything new as Cat has done it that way for years. Not even sure why anyone is whining as most here don't put enough miles on to ever require a clutch service :smiliestirthepot:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Not whining... Just don't see how it can be maintenance free? Not used to it i guess... Are there not bushings etc that wear? Will be cool, not having to clean out the clutches periodically, and replace bushings, and dogs, and rollers.....

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maintenance free = throw away when broken since it can't be rebuilt...

^^This. Saying maintenance free is a sales tactic for them. Show me anything that has bearings, springs, rollers, etc. and is a moving part that wouldn't be maintenance free.

They are praying on idiots to think it is true, and sadly it will work.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^This. Saying maintenance free is a sales tactic for them. Show me anything that has bearings, springs, rollers, etc. and is a moving part that wouldn't be maintenance free.

They are praying on idiots to think it is true, and sadly it will work.
Cat still sells sleds so obviously throw away clutches don't deter all buyers.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing nobody has mention including skidoo is that the extra injectors will help with cooling the crank.

Top Bottom