2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be very underpowered, very reliable and overheat like crazy.......like all the other Yamaha big singles. Nothing new to see here.....

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be very underpowered, very reliable and overheat like crazy.......like all the other Yamaha big singles. Nothing new to see here.....

Sums it up right there. You would think Yamaha would make something to compete with the rzr or renegade by now.

That wolverine is comparable to a Polaris ranger or a Kawasaki mule. A good work horse and hunting unit but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sums it up right there. You would think Yamaha would make something to compete with the rzr or renegade by now.

That wolverine is comparable to a Polaris ranger or a Kawasaki mule. A good work horse and hunting unit but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone

No dump bed or 3 seats though. I'd say if anything, it's aimed at the 570 RZR

They have the engine technology. Let's see the Viper engine in a side by side!

I'm a blue guy, but this is really grinding my gears.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats something I've never understood. Yamaha has great performance motors in everything else from sleds to motorcycles to watercraft but they completely ignore the "sport" part of the sport utility segment. I agree a SXS or quad with the viper or hell even the phazer motor would be a blast. Thats if they build a suspension to match obviously.. .

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Even the genesis 80 would be a good motor to use in a better designed sxs chassis. I'm a fan of Yamaha as well and worked as a tech for years before leaving the industry. They are far more capable of making a high powered sxs than what they currently have but they aren't stupid. They must see a different niche than what we see.

Sent from my iPhone

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even the genesis 80 would be a good motor to use in a better designed sxs chassis. I'm a fan of Yamaha as well and worked as a tech for years before leaving the industry. They are far more capable of making a high powered sxs than what they currently have but they aren't stupid. They must see a different niche than what we see.

Maybe they will put that motor in an Arctic cat chassis in a few more years for you guys. Yamahaès pretty disappointing lately.

Top Bottom