2016 vs 2015 front end differences

powder dreams

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone has bought the upgrade and had the two side by side to see the actual difference in the upper and lower arms? obviously the spindle is different and from what i can see thats where the narrow ness comes from cuz the edge of the spindle sure sticks out alot from the centre for the ski. the other key thing being the caster angle its obviously caused by the Y ish shape pointing to the rear. would be nice to see a few pics of the two sitting on top of each other to see the real difference.

so my real question is if the actual centre to centre length on the 15/16 are the same so a guy could just buy a pair of the uppers to throw on to get the steeper caster angle? to me the new spindle doesnt seem that much better to make it worth buying the kit. im sure they made it all different but its crossed my mind alot and i havent been able to see what the upgrade kit consists of.

sorry if im way out to lunch. iv ether been in camp and or just to busy to wonder into the dealership with a tape so iv just been looking at alot of pics online.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone has bought the upgrade and had the two side by side to see the actual difference in the upper and lower arms? obviously the spindle is different and from what i can see thats where the narrow ness comes from cuz the edge of the spindle sure sticks out alot from the centre for the ski. the other key thing being the caster angle its obviously caused by the Y ish shape pointing to the rear. would be nice to see a few pics of the two sitting on top of each other to see the real difference.

so my real question is if the actual centre to centre length on the 15/16 are the same so a guy could just buy a pair of the uppers to throw on to get the steeper caster angle? to me the new spindle doesnt seem that much better to make it worth buying the kit. im sure they made it all different but its crossed my mind alot and i havent been able to see what the upgrade kit consists of.

sorry if im way out to lunch. iv ether been in camp and or just to busy to wonder into the dealership with a tape so iv just been looking at alot of pics online.

there is an actual difference in length of the a arms

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
x2 I have a 16 and the length is where the biggest difference comes from, and the A-Arms are "Swept" back quite a bit to tuck everything in more.
They are swept back to gain a couple more degrees of steering as well

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
All said and done, if you install yourself, it's about $950. That's with one of the shops installing the shock spacers. Can't really do that yourself.

Sell the old stuff for $350, and it's an AWESOME $600 upgrade.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure u use locktight on the upper control arm to knuckle bolt-nut

Only one not nylock and can fall out on the hill like my buddy's

Had to replace lower arm cause the ball joint fell out of knuckle and tie rod tube bent

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

Had to replace lower arm cause the ball joint fell out of knuckle and tie rod tube bent
Good info! Thanks Jeff. I'll get on that ASAP!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score

Are you talking about the ball joint coming out of the spindle?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Had the same problem. Ended up taking out the triangle piece on the other arm and putting in nyloc nuts with loctite on both spindles. FYI the nut for the track adjuster will fit in the spindle to get you home

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem. Ended up taking out the triangle piece on the other arm and putting in nyloc nuts with loctite on both spindles. FYI the nut for the track adjuster will fit in the spindle to get you home

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Lost the bolt also
4e94f01411eb122a79d7f146f153b26a.jpg

If we could have had the bolt and nut, we could have strapped the knuckle to the control arms and limped it out

We looked at lots of things to try, but all where the wrong length

So we got parts that night , brought tools, drill ect for the boot, got up early and fixed it hill side the next day

Road the rest of the day lol

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did the 16 upgrade on my 2014 turbo and its awesome. x 2 on the ball joint/spindle bolt red Loctite.... agree lock nut is way to go... I would say the 14 turbo is at least 25-30% easier to toss around... as far as who does the shock spacer anyone who can rebuild a fox shock can do it.... we sell the kits for 750 plus tax.... its about 150-170 to do spacer depends if they were seized like mine...oops...lol

Love the Arctic Cat Turbo and with the front end upgrade is better than a cold whiskey and a oven fresh cookie !!!! IMO

Top Bottom