2016 Summit T3 front shocks

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

So got a change to take out the new sled, Love everything about it except the front shocks. what are you guys replacing them with? Last time I upgraded shocks was on my Nytro and i wasn't really happy with the Fox Float 2s.

Thanks in advance for any input Boostmonkey.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with Raptors, and I am very happy with them. I have had both air and coil over types on my sleds over the years. Moving forward all my sleds will have a after market coil over of some type. Just my 2 cents.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can any one explain the difference between the stock shocks and the raptors?? What do you notice? I find the stock shocks quite good.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can any one explain the difference between the stock shocks and the raptors?? What do you notice? I find the stock shocks quite good.

I am a big guy about 310-320 geared up, I have the front shocks on there stiffest setting and with the 174 I find a lot of front dive in the corners. Just looking to have a front shock with a soft 1-2" and really keep that ski planted on more aggressive ridding.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have raptors as of last year and would not ride a sled without them now
I have had other stock and air shocks and absolutely love the raptors

The big thing I notice is how fast you can go over the rough trails and still keep there line you are driving the sled to
With stock sleds the sed gets too much out of control the faster you go
With raptors it holds the line

Obvious comfort as well

Birdie ;)

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you guys order them for Manitoba? Looks like the only Canadian dealer listed.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put Fox floats on my TB Nytro and haited them switched over to Exit coil overs on the front end and Raptors in the skid and found the sled handled so much better. I would dial them up when on the trail once I got up top I would dial them down. IMO a much better shock.
On my T3 I run Raptors all the way around and really like them. Just don't think too much of any stock shock. If you have never had a good after market shock you wouldn't know the difference. A good shock has much better ride quality and more adjustability.

Last edited by a moderator:

yamiman10

Reaction score
how are you setting up your raptor front shocks? what kind of preload and swaybar on or no bar? Also installed the raptor ACE rear suspension, looks like a real nice setup. Ill post more on the rear as I get it set up, Im running a 174 T3 with an impulse turbo from 8-10 psi

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
how are you setting up your raptor front shocks? what kind of preload and swaybar on or no bar? Also installed the raptor ACE rear suspension, looks like a real nice setup. Ill post more on the rear as I get it set up, Im running a 174 T3 with an impulse turbo from 8-10 psi
So far I've just put the fronts on clicker 5 and left the rest alone. Sway bar still connected. Seems like a great improvement over stock so far but I hope to mess around with it a little more this winter and really get it dialed in. Didn't get much chance last winter as I didn't get out riding much.
Yeah that ACE setup for the rear looks pretty sweet. Curious to hear how it works out. Leaning towards that kit for my sled.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to add my 2 cents here. My last '14 summit xm I spent the roughly $2000 on raptor shocks. The customer service was amazing and the shocks were grate too. Did a notice a difference? No not at all besides the piggy backs collecting snow. My new sled is the '15 t3 163" and I kept the stock x shocks. I pound down the trail as fast if not faster then most and I know they bottom out but I don't even notice. It doesn't slow me down one bit. I also hit the cliff drops or any other jump I can find. I am only 200 pounds with my bag and all gear. I don't think spending $2000 on aftermarkets is worth it.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to add my 2 cents here. My last '14 summit xm I spent the roughly $2000 on raptor shocks. The customer service was amazing and the shocks were grate too. Did a notice a difference? No not at all besides the piggy backs collecting snow. My new sled is the '15 t3 163" and I kept the stock x shocks. I pound down the trail as fast if not faster then most and I know they bottom out but I don't even notice. It doesn't slow me down one bit. I also hit the cliff drops or any other jump I can find. I am only 200 pounds with my bag and all gear. I don't think spending $2000 on aftermarkets is worth it.
Sounds like you just rode them and didn't play around with the clickers. Makes a huge difference when you set them up properly

Jordan306

Reaction score
I am running Elka stage 2 shocks on the front and Exit X1's on the rear, on my new 163 T3. I have never owned aftermarket shocks before but I can say I will never own a mountain sled without them now. Night and day difference over stock. Tried revalving stock shocks, made a it of a difference but still does not compare to aftermarket.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raptors all the way. Once u ride with them u won't ever on a sled without them. And their customer service is absolutely the best.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom