2016 Pro, what would you pay?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we expect the new Pro to be based on the Axys and it should be 400ish pounds and have a 2.7" track lug. The fancy gauge, narrower bodywork, new lightweight a-arms, lighter rear suspension, LED headlight etc. 145 HP but 160 HP after break in.

Will this now be your dream sled? And if so compare the price to the OTD asking price of the T3 at $18,000. (CDN)

Will this be worth that high price? Maybe they will ask $16,000 as it has no 174 or 3 inch? What is a fair asking price?

A friend is contemplating looking for a 2014 800 163 at near $11000 with 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, or waiting for the 2016 model. Big difference in price if Polaris believes this new sled is equal to the T3.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That a good deal!! I know my dealer is more than that before taxes and setup! But I dont care for my dealer!!

Yeah stupid BC taxes,, I got mine in AB it was 15300 otd to be fair. 11g for a brand new 14 Pro sounds like a good deal though.

and I hope Polaris brings out some thing cool for next season!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we expect the new Pro to be based on the Axys and it should be 400ish pounds and have a 2.7" track lug. The fancy gauge, narrower bodywork, new lightweight a-arms, lighter rear suspension, LED headlight etc. 145 HP but 160 HP after break in.

Will this now be your dream sled? And if so compare the price to the OTD asking price of the T3 at $18,000. (CDN)

Will this be worth that high price? Maybe they will ask $16,000 as it has no 174 or 3 inch? What is a fair asking price?

A friend is contemplating looking for a 2014 800 163 at near $11000 with 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, or waiting for the 2016 model. Big difference in price if Polaris believes this new sled is equal to the T3.

The whole even more lightweight idea scares me, I would take 25lbs heavier than the current Pro for a more reliable setup, one in which the a-arms don't come unglued and with a more powerful, more reliable motor. Maybe they have learned a lot from the issues they have found with the current generation and where weight savings can be realized, but I still don't think i'll be first in line to buy the new chassis, a least the current issues are well known and most people have found fixes for them.

But seriously I would like to see a 163x2.7ish track stock on the next generation of Poos, but I also wouldn't pay any more than $16,000 OTD for it, unless they have significant improvements elsewhere.

geo

Reaction score
We should all be ready for a big shock with the 2016 pricing. From all brands. Maybe even sales tax in Alberta. Oh my!

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn prices just aren't like they used to be... Paid $11900 for a 2013 OTD.

I would like to stick under 14K, I believe the 2015 Terrain Dominators were $12966 OTD.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn prices just aren't like they used to be... Paid $11900 for a 2013 OTD.

I would like to stick under 14K, I believe the 2015 Terrain Dominators were $12966 OTD.

the CDN dollar has dropped about $.15 since last years sno check....so right there is quite an increase in this years pricing on sleds, let alone any mfg'rs price increase

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the CDN dollar has dropped about $.15 since last years sno check....so right there is quite an increase in this years pricing on sleds, let alone any mfg'rs price increase

On that note, aren't Skidoos built in Canada? Shouldn't that have less effect? Although i'm sure some of the parts are sourced elsewhere.

jjmm2

Reaction score
the CDN dollar has dropped about $.15 since last years sno check....so right there is quite an increase in this years pricing on sleds, let alone any mfg'rs price increase[/QUOTE

16000 way too much for a sled! i ride a 2009 RMK dragon with lots of goodies on it, a fix kit, full slp pipe and it runs just as well as the new pro's i find! My 1999 full Fabcraft 750 mountain max mod runs awesome and climbs just as high as any new 800's and it sounds cool! I am good with what i got for a long time!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's like the hockey playas..

american dominant market, american prices...with the conversion back to canucks..\\\

teth air.. I know you are a poo fan but 180000??

OOPs did I add a zero?

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The low price point of the Pro is part of the attraction for me, I would like to see this continue.

I have two main reasons BRP won't get any of my hard earned Canadian cash...
1- It's a Canadian sled, and as a Canadian I resent the fact that it's one of the more expensive product for me to buy in Canada.
2- Steering post.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The low price point of the Pro is part of the attraction for me, I would like to see this continue.

I have two main reasons BRP won't get any of my hard earned Canadian cash...
1- It's a Canadian sled, and as a Canadian I resent the fact that it's one of the more expensive product for me to buy in Canada.
2- Steering post.

The steering post looks like it's over the motor on the axys chassis.. Just like the doos...

switchbackchassis3q%5B500x500%5D.jpg

Last edited:

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed that watching the release, I expect it will be different for the mountain version of this chassis, if not I'll be disappointed.

nwoprormk

Reaction score
yup should be....but BRP finds a way to charge more in Canada than in the US
I personally work for Bombardier (train manufacturing) so know first hand that the brp sleds are made Mexico..... Or at least assembled there using outsourced components from around the globe. Even when the plant was in quebec they were still cheaper to buy in the states. Its about what they can get you to pay.... As opposed to what you should pay. fWIW....... We used to get a 10% discount if we purchased a doo through the company. Right up to the yr they moved the plant to Mexico. No more.

Also.... We are the last train plant left here. Or in the usa...... And as soon as they are no longer obligated to have them built in the province (toronto transit contract states that the finished product be assembled in-province) im sure the padlock will go on the gate here. Sad.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski doo is a make work project ,for the French mustard peeps out east
all part of the (Canada action plan ^^ )
We all hear about
and then make u pay way to much for it
cuz it keeps ur goggles un froggy

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you get your information. Globe and Mail
Bombardier is a totally different company, and has no ties to BRP anymore (except for the Bombardier family ownership of stocks.)Anyways, this thread isn't bout BRP.

I personally work for Bombardier (train manufacturing) so know first hand that the brp sleds are made Mexico..... Or at least assembled there using outsourced components from around the globe. Even when the plant was in quebec they were still cheaper to buy in the states. Its about what they can get you to pay.... As opposed to what you should pay. fWIW....... We used to get a 10% discount if we purchased a doo through the company. Right up to the yr they moved the plant to Mexico. No more.

Also.... We are the last train plant left here. Or in the usa...... And as soon as they are no longer obligated to have them built in the province (toronto transit contract states that the finished product be assembled in-province) im sure the padlock will go on the gate here. Sad.

Top Bottom