2016 Preseason Release

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Poo gave us a insight what there offering for this year ! Are they just putting the fish line out there or is that what they have to offer - is there more ??? Will it depend on what every other manufacturer has to offer ! Its always a ballysz effort to be the first to come out with the first sled to be model for the year ! Am a doo rider and love the ride BUT - hay Doo and A/C better pull up there P---- s - POO has defiantly stepped it up with the new release !!!

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stepped it up?? Another disapointing release on Polaris. 2.6" track? Overhauled liberty motor?, (with no noted hp). I would of thought they would of done something much more innovative. To think all last yr snow checked are getting an early jump start with a $1000 discount for what?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Polaris ever do a new model demo ride in BC, like Skidoo and Yamaha do? I have never seen one happening??

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stepped it up?? Another disapointing release on Polaris. 2.6" track? Overhauled liberty motor?, (with no noted hp). I would of thought they would of done something much more innovative. To think all last yr snow checked are getting an early jump start with a $1000 discount for what?

that was just a teaser, and the horsepower was NOTED at 160+ since last year. have to wait til march for the rest.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brian were you a little interested in how well that little under powered Pro was performing last weekend? :)

As far as some of the comments, like no noted HP, BRP has never released any power claims of their own other than using the 163.9 wow factor that was produced once by dynotech in all their adds. I used to pay for the dynotech site and there is some decent info on there. They do try their best to give accurate info. The new Polaris report was decent to read. I don't know any of the manufacturers making any power claims as most people know dyno's can be manipulated to show just about anything. Want real claims, then take three brand new sleds dyno them on the same day from new. Then run them all through break in and try it again. Problem is the next time they dyno them there could be small variances in temperature, humidity and so on. So what does one do?

There is likely more to come with later releases. If the 163 offered the same overall sled as the 155 they would have released it. Just like Doo offers a T3 package in their 163/174 and not the 154, Polaris likely has something coming for the 163. Do I think they will have a 174? Not sure, I don't see it. I also do not see a 3" coming. Polaris lightened up this 2.6" track, if they offered something in the 2.75" range and was a lighter weight track in the 163 I think they have a home run. I would be willing to give a 15" wide light weight 3" track a try though. Doo has done well with their 3" track. Its a good track.

Lots of people have also wanted a stock 36" front end on the Pro. Again, maybe this would be a package on the 163. I am more than happy with the 39" on my Pro. It works better than the 36" did on my Doo. With Polaris reducing the body width by 3" on the Axys I think you could expect a 36" stance on some models. With its taller stance and new taller spindles I am not sure what that would be like to ride, but it would likely be fun.

I think it was a little teaser, maybe some gamesmanship to show one sled and maybe people and other manufacturers would think there isn't anything else coming. It keeps people interested, I don't believe anyone was expecting huge things and it was a given that the newer HO power plant would make it to the RMK lineup for 2016. Dropping 10ish pounds, with a new motor with higher hp output, improve suspension design, new body styling and improved track, sounds like a decent release to me.

Top Bottom