2016 Polaris AXYS RMK long track

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this sled will be a good strong contender!!! And the Axys platform will be a good one to build off for the next few years!! And hey bolt on a few aftermarket pieces to make it even better if you like! I'm excited to see what extra the tuners will squeeze out of that motor, an extra 10hp and a few tq., 408-420lbs, get in line Trashy!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's smart not everyone wants a 3". But the option of one would be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nevermind, after reading the snowest threads this is looking like the doo sp equivalent or should i say same category. Looks as tho therell be more models come march 2nd, and seems like a 3'' is a given, with the talk of the Qd changes, 7 tooth drivers and current tunnel/track clearance....i hope this is the case anyway

Last edited:

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rails do look a bit... lite at the back. Will want to beware of flipping over out of a trench. Wonder what the Assault will look like?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how the forged a-arms hold up. Love it when manufacturers come out with new tech.
As far as lug height, 2.6 vs 3. Is .4 inches going to make a big difference?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the upside they kept the vertical steering post and non-tilting rear suspension, I think this is good for the Polaris guys, and the 2.6 track is a good compromise for everything, also got rid of the glued a arms. What's not to like?

I think it will compete very strongly against the summits, maybe not the T3's but they are closer in price point to a turbo Pro 800 anyway.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the sled looks pretty sweet and should work well. But to the guys making a big deal about the doo guys ripping on Polaris, and only pointing out negatives of their product, you should probably read the release again because Polaris clearly makes blatant jabs at doo, about "panelling out," whether it's true or not, I still don't think that is a very classy thing to say in your brand new sled release.

i did read that , but that could be arctic cat or yamaha as well ..no?.. its competitive and they are pointing it out for sure.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the electronic oil pump will work. It's a good idea but Polaris has been know for electrical issues. Hope they seal the plug for that so moisture don't get in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes i see this part having failures for sure actually could be a problem part. hopefully its tied into the ecu to save the motor.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how the forged a-arms hold up. Love it when manufacturers come out with new tech.

im wondering the same thing, cast will crack, at least with metal you have a chance to bend or pull it out.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's a huge difference in deep snow. Maybe not on the shorter lengths but the longer you go the more you notice the traction. Just jump on a 162x2.25 vs a 162x2.5 its a very noticeable difference on that length of machine and that's only 0.25. Kind of works the opposite way too if all 3" of track can't bite because the snow is THAT crappy you will feel it not biting vs a 2.5 that might.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wont know til march but im guessing the 2.6 will be the standard track with a 3inch option or most likely snow check option.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will come out with a terrain domination pro all blinged out with a 174 3". With cat and do both with 3" tracks as an option you know it's coming. Poo is doing a good job with the tease, as of right now we've seen the pink thong with the tattoo but know there's alot more goodness yet to see....

Top Bottom