2016 Oil Reservoir

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was curious if they ever fixed the leaking oil problem from the necks deforming on the oil reservoir, or if you still have to put an aluminum collar inside the neck of it to keep the oil from leaking out between the cap and threads? I'm just coming off of an '08 and that's what we had to do for some of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've haven't heard of anyone still having problems, but I'm sure it will still happen if the lid is cross-threaded or tightened too much. The top of the tank still looks the same to me so I just keep putting them in all our sleds.

$15.95 is pretty cheap insurance + I like that the lid seals to the aluminum ring instead of the plastic tank.

Oil Tank Insert - Grip N Rip Racing LLC.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked the Doo rep. at the Sask. sled show and he said that the new sleds aren't experiencing the same problem as the XP's and Rev's.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't fill it right up and you won't have a problem. No need to fill past the 3/4 mark. I've seen them leak but onkyf do being too full

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i fill mine full after riding for a couple hrs i loosen the cap and then retighten it dosent leak when i do this.seems to build up pressure and leak by loosening the cap it does not leak

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
I also had a leaky 08 that I had to add the insert to stop it from leaking. On the older ones I don't think the threads went all the way around, at least my 08 had a flat spot on the front and back for some stupid reason that make it leak worse. I went to a 14 when they came out and had no problems with it leaking ever but I was careful not to overtighten the lid.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrads SBR

You will love it

Ric's T3 will still waste you, but it is a big improvement over your last ride

Enjoy
birdie

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Congrads SBR

You will love it

Ric's T3 will still waste you, but it is a big improvement over your last ride

Enjoy
birdie

If the snow is deep as they say....yes he will but don't forget I have skill Bob....lol
Very much looking forward to the new sled. And we need to try (always tough) and ride together again this year.
Thanks

Sledding Season Can't Come Soon Enough....

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup... Don't fill them right up... No need to fill past 3/4 like previously mentioned, and don't overtighten

If the oil consumption is as low as I've heard, I won't be filling it past 3/4.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 never leaked a drop even when it spent some time upside down rolling it out or on its side stuck in a tree. But everyone I know with an xm has never had a problem with theirs ether.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 14 leaks a bit. Try to not over-tighten it but even after putting it on gently it seems really tight to get off after a ride.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless ur in break in and it deep, then it uses substantially more oil

But not like the older ones at all

She's definitely in break in mode, still no snow here, I was hoping to take a lap or two around the farm to get used to the new platform before we head to revy in a couple of weeks, but it's not looking good

Top Bottom