2016 m8000 sputters at high rpm

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update.

Used a step ladder and a strap (as seen above) and gave it some wot. First couple times did the same thing and sputtered a bit. Then next time it reached full revs. Couple more wot with the oll strap and ladder then took it out. Everything seems normal.

So is it fixed? Doesn't seem like I fixed anything. Makes me feel a little uneasy heading to the mountains with it. 🤔
Did you check the barometric pressure tube and ensure its not blocked? Did you have this in a heated garage? How many miles and what type of oil are you using?I know its a lot of questions but i have the same sled and like you don't feel you fixed anything, not to say its not fixed either. Riding is the only way to tell. You should not have any mechanical issues as they don't repair themselves. I think its power valves either sticking or out of adjustment, may be a little water, something like that.

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Added more weight to clutch,went out today all six sleds doing same sputter,run good start to sitter idle around 1000rpm,shut off for few minutes then run good again,about 3 feet of fresh powder

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm sure altitude change affects these machines. First start after hauling to the hills (or home for that matter)a lot of times they will run a little bit funny for the first while.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

EmEight

Reaction score
Rode revy Friday sat and sun. Had one problem with rpms first thing Friday. But it cleared up and ran like a champ for three days.

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re routed the barametric tube comming out of the ecu,found this plugged with ice causing performance issues,seems to have eliminated the problem for now

Jgibos

Reaction score
How many miles? I had stator fail on mine last year at 1400 miles. Sled would run fine at idle and low rpm. Then miss at high rpm.

EmEight

Reaction score
Sled has 900km. I did check the tube coming from the ecu. And it is not blocked. I had that problem on an older m8.

Top Bottom