2016 Freeride 146

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a new 2016 freeride 146 are they any good I don't go to the mountains any more looking for some feedback

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're a nice sled and the 146 2.5" gets around in the deep just fine. Bit wider stance than the Summit and much better shocks.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are great sleds. Unless you jump cornices, ride the trails extremely hard or like having a wide ski stance I would find a Summit instead. Freeride is a less capable mountain sled then the Summit for climbing, sidehillng. I have seat time on both this is just my findings.

DooDoo

Reaction score
Both are great sleds. Unless you jump cornices, ride the trails extremely hard or like having a wide ski stance I would find a Summit instead. Freeride is a less capable mountain sled then the Summit for climbing, sidehillng. I have seat time on both this is just my findings.

Thats funny because I ride with someone who has 2 freerides. A 136 and 146 and he out sidehills everyone on the freeride and goes all the same places as larger track sleds in the mountains.. The freeride is a solid sled in the mountains or ditch bangin. It just all depends on the riders skills.

Tbird

Reaction score
Thats funny because I ride with someone who has 2 freerides. A 136 and 146 and he out sidehills everyone on the freeride and goes all the same places as larger track sleds in the mountains.. The freeride is a solid sled in the mountains or ditch bangin. It just all depends on the riders skills.

And that contradict what Jorgy wrote how?
It's all about the driver and preference.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

DooDoo

Reaction score
And that contradict what Jorgy wrote how?
It's all about the driver and preference.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

"Freeride is a less capable mountain sled then the Summit for climbing, sidehillng."

All I am saying is that the Freeride is just as capable as a Summit at sidehilling and climbing and it all it rider skill. I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it. Just stating what I have seen first hand.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on a 2014 154 Freeride. Absolutely love the sled. Wider stance which makes it more stable but you can always change it back to the regular stance if you wanted. Love how the sled is beefed up for airing and riding hard. Shocks make a big difference! Your looking at basically a stronger built summit right out of the box.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just doing an update pulled the pin and bought a new 16 freeride today Love it so far

Attachments

• skidoo.jpg
    skidoo.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. Good for you - super fun sled. The wife and I have 2012, 137" x 2-1/4" Freerides for riding around home and they are a blast... I'm sure the newer chassis is even better for the fun factor. Can't stop laughing and smiling when ripping around on mine...
Just doing an update pulled the pin and bought a new 16 freeride today Love it so far

Top Bottom