2016 axys rmk teaser

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: An All New King takes its Throne...Video

As far as marketing goes, I think "An all new King takes it's throne" is a great line! Sure beats video with (guy's ?) twirling around on a stage wearing flouresant colored onesies!

It can't all be perfect. Had to deal with some gay chit but we got a 174x3 out of it LOL

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

it will be an xm in my trailer until that changes.

The RMK is not for you if reliability is more important then how it performs. It is capable of a long life, but requires some... awareness, like any high performance machine.

By the sounds of it, the new RMK is going farther in the direction the old one was in. Some changes needed to be made, and some didn't. I have a '13, and for the most part it's a love/hate relationship.
It did not need to be lighter, those new rails sure don't look like there going to stand up well.
It does not need to be narrower, were are the turbo's suppose to go for that crowd??

It does need a new track, great. It does need more power, super. With any luck the clamp is no longer needed.
And the forged a-arms, and improved belt drive position and gearing is definitely a good thing.

I have a feeling the haters are going to be in full force. From what we see so far though, this new RMK is definitely in a league of it's own. Some of the Snowest guys were saying it was almost painful to ride the trail out on the way home. Good for some hardcore guys, but most guys seem to want a machine that does everything half assed... look at the T3 sales, as opposed to M9000 sales.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what March is going to bring.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The RMK is not for you if reliability is more important then how it performs. It is capable of a long life, but requires some... awareness, like any high performance machine.

:confused:
Reliability is just as important to most as how it performs. Maybe even more. Who wants to spend 13-15K on a sled that only works half the time for instance? And there is no reason they both can't go hand in hand.
Not sure what you mean by awareness either. If you mean let it warm up before riding up the trail, doing the break in procedure properly, etc, that's true for every sled not just a Polaris. And if it fails 3 times in 600 miles like my neighbors 12 did, yet his Doo with more miles is still running strong, then I think it is a flaw in the design no? Not hating on Polaris, just stating the obvious. As I would if it was 2008 and Doo's were going down left and right.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Reliability is just as important to most as how it performs. Maybe even more. Who wants to spend 13-15K on a sled that only works half the time for instance? And there is no reason they both can't go hand in hand.
Not sure what you mean by awareness either. If you mean let it warm up before riding up the trail, doing the break in procedure properly, etc, that's true for every sled not just a Polaris. And if it fails 3 times in 600 miles like my neighbors 12 did, yet his Doo with more miles is still running strong, then I think it is a flaw in the design no? Not hating on Polaris, just stating the obvious. As I would if it was 2008 and Doo's were going down left and right.

lets hope the new motor passes the 3000(mntn)mile mark so we can buy a sled thats closer to a fair price before doing any motor work. damn id be happy with 2000

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I really have no intention on starting a bash thread, so I'll just explain what I meant.

The RMK does have some faults, that is a given. Is it any less reliable then the others, honestly, could be debated. But it is easier for the consumer to correct the short comings of the RMK for those that have them, then to correct the shortcomings of the Summits.

Now before we start yelling, here are 2 examples. The biggest bitch guys seems to have with the RMK is the engine reliability and power. For $1500 bux you can do a top end fix. Now yes, people don't want to have to spend that, and a good portion don't.... BUT, that is a very easy solution. For more you can turbo, but since guys turbo Summit's too, I don't consider the power a real issue.

The reason many of us don't ride a Summit is steering position. Now yes, the T3 is an improvement on this, but it's still not vertical.

So, for the most that choose the RMK over the doo, handling trumps the off chance the reliability MAY not be up to the same level of others... I'll take my chance. At the end of the day, they are all still a machine, and they all have potential to break down.

Or maybe not??:confused:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

half that cost if you do it yourself. lots of 400$ piston fix kits for the liberty, add a head and a can and you have a wicked sled. and thats only after 1500 to 2000 miles. for me anyway...:p

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So snow check starts on March 2nd. I don't think I missed it in this thread but did anyone have any info on prices or possible other track sizing?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dealer show is march 2-4th. full release then. snowcheck to follow.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So snow check starts on March 2nd. I don't think I missed it in this thread but did anyone have any info on prices or possible other track sizing?

There's zero actual info on what will be on the spec sheets and price sheets come March.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was in West Yellowstone last week. The polaris dealer, polaris west had big posters with all the specs on the 155 there.

I didn't grab one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was in West Yellowstone last week. The polaris dealer, polaris west had big posters with all the specs on the 155 there.

I didn't grab one.

How was the snow down there this year Dan? Are they having the same problems we are up here with weather?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Didn't ride West. Just happened to be there for a day.

A little further South W in Island Park ID the snow was low. They hadn't had any amounts of snow in a few weeks other than little dumps here and there. Tony Jenkins said he was riding the same snow the week before. Funny thing is there is so much terrain down there you never have to ride the same place twice.

So yah, the same everywhere.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone see this yet?

uploadfromtaptalk1423977655331.jpg

VanceM

RMKer

Reaction score

Yup! Changed the track, changed the rail, changed the plastic, and changed out the motor............called it some weird vertical thing.... total bs

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup! Changed the track, changed the rail, changed the plastic, and changed out the motor............called it some weird vertical thing.... total bs

you forgot, changed exhaust valves, electronic oil pump, thermostat bypass, air intake, v-force reeds, forged a-arms, seat, led lighting, new lighter brakes, and all new raised chassis. with the new tracks plastics and motor with the new crank and pistons is there anything they didnt change?. :d:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Still a pig dog till its proven itself

Top Bottom