2016 axys rmk teaser

westhawk39

Reaction score
Re: An All New King takes its Throne...Video

these new motors gong to need fix kits rite out the showroom door like the old ones?

If you would have watched the introduction video you would have learned the answer is Yes. Chris Burandt said that right off the bat it's all about weight not durability

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

im not sure where this video is. i went on the polaris site to investigate. havenbt found anything maybe im not looking in the rite places. BUT if what you are speaking is true. it will be an xm in my trailer until that changes.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is a picture up on Snowest with both the Pro and Axy's on the same screen. The new sled looks to have a significant increase in ground clearance over the Pro.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you would have watched the introduction video you would have learned the answer is Yes. Chris Burandt said that right off the bat it's all about weight not durability

No it's all about lift!

Screw durability polaris said. Lift will increase sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What video is this? I must have watched a different one because the video I saw he made the comparison between weight and hp. Not weight and durability.

westhawk39

Reaction score
Yeah I missed that part in the video to.

I was kidding. Even the 2014 / 2015 are extremely reliable. I have heard that Polaris reps told dealers to turn up oil pumps when assembling sleds around this time. Not all dealers necessarily did this however. I had a 2011 which I put 2700 miles in and a 2012 that I put 4000 miles on. I added a shot of oil to nearly every tank instead of adjusting the oil pump and never had an issue.

This new motor is said to have a grooved piston for increased durability. This motor was in the rush and switchback models in 2015 and now will be in the rmk axys. I haven't looked around too much but haven't heard of a single issue with them in those models.

My only question is if the EPA is squeezing these guys for oil consumption how do we dial it up when the pump is electronic? I guess add some oil to gas as a precautionary measure

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No it's all about lift!

Screw durability polaris said. Lift will increase sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not just lift,,, its instantaneous lift, what ever that means...lol

I'd like to try one out,, hopefully they will do some demo rides.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its not just lift,,, its instantaneous lift, what ever that means...lol

I'd like to try one out,, hopefully they will do some demo rides.

Sometimes I think Polaris's marketing department consists of junior high school girls, and a couple high school nerds, like technically speaking...

tylerbramall

Reaction score

So what is the adavantage of the groves in the piston ?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

There is a picture up on Snowest with both the Pro and Axy's on the same screen. The new sled looks to have a significant increase in ground clearance over the Pro.

Thats a good idea.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sometimes I think Polaris's marketing department consists of junior high school girls, and a couple high school nerds, like technically speaking...

i worked at a factory with a marketing department once. that well describes them. they were a bunch of girls that had no idea about our product lines at all.

also the department that made the instruction manuals and user manuals were a bunch of photoshop nerds, so once again no idea about our product line or how to use tools or what they were called.

it would be hard to have a group of people that were all snowmobile enthusiasts and works in every aspect of the company.

I worked in the drafting and engineering department then in r&d. MAN r&d sucks. I designed 8 differnt variations of a product to make it better. every meeting some one had an issue with it! too expensive, cant fit as many on a semi, outsourcing is coming back with crap tolerances. on going and on going. Engineering would finally come up with a good idea and then sales would be like well how do i sell this? its more money and its obviously WAY stronger than their old products! are they going to question their old products are crap!? these were just buildings............i couldnt imagine vehicles.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's the picture that I was refering to earlier, there is way less material between the fuel tank and rails (good or bad?). Sounds like the body work is also more narrow, this thing should be able to lean over even more than the Pro before it's dragging parts in the snow.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As far as marketing goes, I think "An all new King takes it's throne" is a great line! Sure beats video with (guy's ?) twirling around on a stage wearing flouresant colored onesies!

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Those rails do look scary from the side!
I like all the changes they made. Should be a great sled for next year if the redesigned engine hold together. The piston issues have really been the only thing scaring me away from looking at them.

Top Bottom