2016 Arctic Cat Electrical Problems

Mtdgt

Reaction score
Anyone experience ignition failure on the 2016 Arctic Cats? It seems to be irradic all connectors were checked one minute it runs next won't even start. Pretty frustrating for the owner and now we have seen it happen with two other cats. The dealer hasn't been able to diagnose the problem yet.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
Not to step on any toes here, but check the connectors up inside the hood. Sure sounds like some corrosion on pin. If the machine has been scanned should show. If your in Edmonton glad to help you out.
Alberta cycle.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What were then conditions when it happened? On the hill in deep snow or in a heated shop? Have you checked all the grounds? Magneto okay? Is cat still using that TPS setup on their throttle systems? I know I've had a couple older cats give me grief with it and cause intermittent starting/running issues.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Open the throttle block on the handlebars and cut the throttle safety switch wires. One mine (2014)ones red ones black and you can cut either one and tape the ends

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Open the throttle block on the handlebars and cut the throttle safety switch wires. One mine (2014)ones red ones black and you can cut either one and tape the ends
What he said ^^^^. BUT, install a tether and wear it, as the POS TSS switch in the bars also prevents the sled from buggering off at WOT should the throttle stick or get ice in it.

Mtdgt

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer my buddy is in the Crowsnest Pass he has checked and rechecked all electrical connections apparently the dealership has done this as well and is at a loss to figure out the cause

Mtdgt

Reaction score
He had been riding for 3 days no problem, next day made it 4km up the trail When it died. Randomly starts then dies its in the dealership now

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Handlebar harness has moisture in it

Mtdgt

Reaction score
So it's supposedly fixed and the problem is that the wiring harness was snap tied too tight causing the wiring it break inside the insulation. This happened at the factory, hopefully for everyone's sake this is the conclusion to the story. And a very Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it's supposedly fixed and the problem is that the wiring harness was snap tied too tight causing the wiring it break inside the insulation. This happened at the factory, hopefully for everyone's sake this is the conclusion to the story. And a very Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Did they say where on the harness it was too tight?

Risky Pumpkin

Reaction score
Do you know what wiring harness??
My brand new 2016 is doing the same thing.
They first thought it was the injectors, changed them and made no difference.

Top Bottom