2015 XM Gear

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Got word that my 2015 Summit X 154 is at the dealership and ready to go already! Should have it home just in time to sit on it in the garage and watch all the new sled films lol. Just down to picking out all the gear to add on to it. So far I've got Raptor shocks, skid plate, rail scratchers, vent kit, gerry can. I'd like to find a good tunnel bag of some kind, the brp ones seem like they'd get in the way when going side to side on the boards, being so tall. Anyone have suggestions on other useful gear to add?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got word that my 2015 Summit X 154 is at the dealership and ready to go already! Should have it home just in time to sit on it in the garage and watch all the new sled films lol. Just down to picking out all the gear to add on to it. So far I've got Raptor shocks, skid plate, rail scratchers, vent kit, gerry can. I'd like to find a good tunnel bag of some kind, the brp ones seem like they'd get in the way when going side to side on the boards, being so tall. Anyone have suggestions on other useful gear to add?

Don't worry about the brp bag getting in the way. The xm lays over so easy you don't need to jump over the seat! Get the brp vent covers it keeps you glove warmer dryer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm probably looking at the adjustable handle bar risers, quick clickers, glove box liner, screen kit, handle bar bag and a can. Extra dess cord too.

Matt99

Reaction score
All great suggestions. The only other thing I added was the Grip n Rip brace kit (upper a brace, lower a brace, and suspension module brace). There has been discussion on S&M about there usefulness but I for one know they saved me $$ at least once last winter. Cheers

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Gotsta get the Diamond titanium can, right?

Titanium can could almost be worth it down the road for that kind of weight savings. Pretty pricey compared to other options though. Anyone ever heard what these cans sound like on the E-tec? I don't want anything too crazy loud, just something with a nice deeper rumble to it. Buddy has a Jaws on his M8 and even though it is fairly loud it does have a nice sound to it.

Don't worry about the brp bag getting in the way. The xm lays over so easy you don't need to jump over the seat! Get the brp vent covers it keeps you glove warmer dryer.

Yeah I guess it shows how green I am at riding still, I always seem to be riding side to side when I'm getting into more techy areas lol. Everyone else I ride with is on poos or cats so I've learned to ride watching them. Seen lots of guys stay planted on the XM when they're riding but I haven't quite got there yet.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive seen the video for the link system some great options. my friend has the one that goes right off the back of the seat its nice but i wouldnt put any food or drink in it. its large so to get your things to stay put ...lol his stuff got all smashed around.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
I'm probably looking at the adjustable handle bar risers, quick clickers, glove box liner, screen kit, handle bar bag and a can. Extra dess cord too.
Good idea on the quick clickers, screen kit and extra DESS on the list too.

All great suggestions. The only other thing I added was the Grip n Rip brace kit (upper a brace, lower a brace, and suspension module brace). There has been discussion on S&M about there usefulness but I for one know they saved me $$ at least once last winter. Cheers
Still on the fence with the GnR braces. Heard so many conflicting opinions on them on here its hard to decide.

on all models , thought that was a t3 upgrade this season?
Far as I understand the new DESS is RF but still has a tether. Connects with more of a ball joint style connections. Still needs to be in close proximity to the post, just not relying on the hard connection to communicate with the sled like the old ones doo.
Yeah I've heard that about those Linq bags too lol. Seen guys actually smash holes through theirs from gear rattling around inside lol

LukeD

Reaction score
If you're liking room for storage they have a bag that goes on your belt cover. You can store another pair of goggles (but use a ziploc bag cause moisture can get in!) or a 1 liter oil jug. It keeps it nice and warm. Foggy or frozen goggles WILL actually thaw out after 10-15 minutes. I also got the 12 volt plug in and dash extension. The plug goes inside your glove box. Allows me to have power for my GPS and charge my phone if needed. Plus lots of room for tools, duct tape, flashlight etc. I can carry everything I need without a linq bag even! But I do usually use a linq bag for my food/drinks. But ya, it's gotta be packed down with foam or towels or something, otherwise your cargo will thrash around and get messy

LukeD

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention the pre filter grill kit if you ride in deeper snow. I didn't have it added on when I picked up my 2014. After the first ride, I went back to the dealer and put it on. It's a no brainer to keep out the snow, and has a great fit and finish. Kinda pricey though

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're liking room for storage they have a bag that goes on your belt cover. You can store another pair of goggles (but use a ziploc bag cause moisture can get in!) or a 1 liter oil jug. It keeps it nice and warm. Foggy or frozen goggles WILL actually thaw out after 10-15 minutes. I also got the 12 volt plug in and dash extension. The plug goes inside your glove box. Allows me to have power for my GPS and charge my phone if needed. Plus lots of room for tools, duct tape, flashlight etc. I can carry everything I need without a linq bag even! But I do usually use a linq bag for my food/drinks. But ya, it's gotta be packed down with foam or towels or something, otherwise your cargo will thrash around and get messy

Put foam tape up a long the top side of the belt compartment where the side panels would seal. I did this and not a drop of snow gets in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom