2015 summit 163 t3 preseason questions

drew17

Reaction score
Im sure like everyone else the itch to ride is coming in strong and sure like everyone else im thinking what do i want to get done before the season starts. Lets here everyones plans.
Ive been looking into some clutchingamdfind everyone has tgere own kit would love some rider feed back of the local shops kits im comparison to a dj or similair well know kit. Also looking at trying to fix the handlebar riser always breaking free and become a pain in the ass all day untill you can clean.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run DJ's mountain kit in my T3 174 and love it.

As for the risers, pull the bolts, blue lock tight them, set your bars and tighten the pizz out them where you want them to sit. If you want to get fancy, you can apply some between the riser and the steering post before you put it together. I suggest the lock tight sticks to the liquid for less mess. Hopefully the knurl isn't worn off your post either.

Other then that, basic maintenance. Make sure suspension bolts are tight, raves are cleaned, suspension greased, chain tension adjusted and oil changed, clean clutches, etc.
that's all for me anyway.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd get some CFR risers, they clamp way harder.
nothing worse than your bars moving around while riding.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you notice clutch wise with the dj over stock

For me personally, I really like the engine braking it provides that the stock clutching lacks. Some guys just get used to flipping the throttle to get it to happen, but for me it was annoying. Back shifting is smooth, belt temps stay fairly cool and lots of low end grunt out of the hole.

ren

Reaction score
"Im sure like everyone else the itch to ride is coming in strong and sure like everyone else im thinking what do i want to get done before the season starts. Lets here everyones plans.
Ive been looking into some clutchingamdfind everyone has tgere own kit would love some rider feed back of the local shops kits im comparison to a dj or similair well know kit. Also looking at trying to fix the handlebar riser always breaking free and become a pain in the ass all day untill you can clean."
Are you drinking and typing again? Simmer down brosif! Solid question though!

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run DJ's mountain kit in my T3 174 and love it.

As for the risers, pull the bolts, blue lock tight them, set your bars and tighten the pizz out them where you want them to sit. If you want to get fancy, you can apply some between the riser and the steering post before you put it together. I suggest the lock tight sticks to the liquid for less mess. Hopefully the knurl isn't worn off your post either.

Other then that, basic maintenance. Make sure suspension bolts are tight, raves are cleaned, suspension greased, chain tension adjusted and oil changed, clean clutches, etc.
that's all for me anyway.
Another maintenance tip drain the old gas out and put fresh stuff in. Even if you put stabilizer in, just not worth it to burn down a piston or worse for what a fresh tank of fuel cost. I won't fire up any sled at my shop without fresh fuel in it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use sea foam and never have bad gas

sent while drinking tea's

Top Bottom