2015 ram

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at a 2015 ram sport with the 5.7 in it.. Trying to get a idea of fuel usage on it per tank i do mostly city driving. A friend said he can go well over 650km on the hwy probably closer to 800 to empty... This is almost double of my old 2003 chev.... Just trying to validate to my self i should get it...LOL

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my hemi, wouldnt say it gets good mileage though.

I have big tires, lift and pin it a lot though.

Get 20L per 100km in the city. Worse around Revelstoke.

If you have stock tires and drive like a old woman, youd probably get way better mileage than that though 🤣

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol... ya I'm past the heavy foot and lift in my veh... I hate wrenching on my veh at this age..lol... hence trying to get into a newer veh things are starting to cost on the old girl

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol... ya I'm past the heavy foot and lift in my veh... I hate wrenching on my veh at this age..lol... hence trying to get into a newer veh things are starting to cost on the old girl

You'd probably get decent gas mileage then.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My 2016 hemi gets about 650kms city and close to 900kms Hiway per tank, if driven decent…. Get the pulsar ecu piggyback tuner, for extra gas mileage, power and throttle response… google it

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dam that's almost double what i get currently.. Ended up backing up do to some issues at work i may not be sticking around if i do not get what i was promised... Sucks as that was a nice truck and had them down to a good rice in this day and age... Have to see what happens at work next week and if i do not get what was promised then its time to walk.

On a side note if anyone has a Canadian tire credit card watch your interest rate. I negotiated a lower rate years ago and without notice they jacked it back up....

Last edited:

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool little site...

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2010 Ram 1500, in the summer I can get about 17-18mpg, in the winter about 13-14 and when I'm pulling my enclosed trailer it's closer to 9-10mpg. Something to keep on eye on with these trucks and the Hemi, the rear 2 exhaust manifold bolts are notorious for breaking, I've had it happen 4 times now twice on each side. Still love the truck though and wouldn't drive anything else.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2010 Ram 1500, in the summer I can get about 17-18mpg, in the winter about 13-14 and when I'm pulling my enclosed trailer it's closer to 9-10mpg. Something to keep on eye on with these trucks and the Hemi, the rear 2 exhaust manifold bolts are notorious for breaking, I've had it happen 4 times now twice on each side. Still love the truck though and wouldn't drive anything else.

Next time take the manifold off and take it to a machine shop and get them the mill it flat. It will never happen again. The manifold warps and breakers the bolts. So you mill it flat because it only can warp so far so it’s done warping

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12L/100km on 2014 5.7l 1500 crew cab, half city half highway with average speed of 60-65 km/h this winter

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time take the manifold off and take it to a machine shop and get them the mill it flat. It will never happen again. The manifold warps and breakers the bolts. So you mill it flat because it only can warp so far so it’s done warping
Right, when i have it fixed I'll make sure to have them do that and use Remflex gaskets, the only other alternative is short headers and I don't want to go that route. Last time I had the passengers side fixed they replaced the manifold and so far it's still holding up.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to be clear my 2014 8sp hemi gets the exact same mileage as my 2015 6.2l GM 8 sp

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well as luck would have it i ended up getting the truck... Truck is mint inside and out... Not so much as a scuff on the interior and rust free on the outside... So clean when i first looked at it i thought it was a much newer truck...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which one you like more ?

Interior is much nicer on Ram, interior quieter on GM, power a bit better on GM. The ram can be bought for significantly cheaper than a GM 6.2l, thus a better value in my books. Crappy payload though on Ram.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel milage and Ram don't work togther...

Trusty us ram owners...

If your going too be Ram tuff your going too have too suck it up butter cup...

Ram Tuff means tuff on fuel,,, thats what makes a great truck...

Lol

Top Bottom