2015 Pro - First 800

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally upgraded from the trusty 600 to a 2015 800 with 165 miles. Its the 155 pro model so I have belt drive (also a first). First trip is planned for the 20th and I am just trying to get it set up and tuned for my riding as I had my 600 dialed perfect with clutching gearing, shocks ect.
Are the stock 62g weights good for elevations in McBride and sicamous?

Should I buy a spare belt drive belt or look into a gear down kit?

Do I need to turn the oiler up? If so, How?

Drop in kit from MtnTek will be after this season. I figure I can get 1000miles no problem before I want to have a look at the top end.

Thank in advance, looking forward to getting this sled out on the snow!

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am clutching my pro for Mcbride next weekend and I think I'm going to try the 60 weights. Haven't rode a belt drive before so not sure.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VM- thanks for the link, looked up the oiler, will do that before I head out. Definitely will let the belt warm up a bit before hitting high RPM. Hopefully no need for a spare yet then.

Compexled, with the belt drive a little heavier weights might be better with the lower rotating mass, which is why it sounds like it's set up well. Let me know how the 60's go

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to the pro rmk service manual for starters. It will show you how to turn up the oiler I believe its 3 full turns clockwise.

As far as the belt drive goes make sure to warm it up before you take off.

With only a 160 miles its just about broke in. The stock clutching is perfect for a stock pro IMO.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zwgio5clg5w7o/polaris%20pro%20ride%20service%20manual%2011-12-13.pdf?dl=0

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
Vance, is that manual for 13+ pros? I tried opening it but it said I need an account

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With a stock pro, run 62g belly busters with an SLP blue/pink spring. Run the stock secondary helix with a Team Red/black spring!!

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjLN-YqGk0

thats a vid for turning your pump up. Iirc I had to use an extension and one or two of those wobble/ujoint deals and I did it with just my hood off

I also have a brp oil cap on mine

Thanks for that video, funny how 3 turns of additional oil can increase the longevity. Going to do that before I head out. Whats the deal with the brp oil cap? Stock one is the same as my 600 and have never had an issue with it?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well from my understanding the check ball deal on the poo cap can become stuck and create some sorta vacuum in your oil tank, which would completely starve your engine of oil...but many argue that this isn't true. Theres a few threads over on snowest about it, I'll see if I can find the links

The doo cap was only $16 so I figured why not

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything mechanical or that moves can stop working. So figured for the money the Doo cap was worth trying. That being said, based on the fact that it goes on easier and has better grip to spin off alone, it was worth the little money.

Hey, Doo can't build a mountain chassis, but they nailed the oil cap! Lol

borsky

Reaction score
Anything mechanical or that moves can stop working. So figured for the money the Doo cap was worth trying. That being said, based on the fact that it goes on easier and has better grip to spin off alone, it was worth the little money.

Hey, Doo can't build a mountain chassis, but they nailed the oil cap! Lol

I agree with venting the cap before messing with the pump, my 15 pro used the proper amount of oil form the factory, I would suggest running the sled and gauge the consumption before changing anything. Imo the new sleds didn't need to be adjusted like the earlier models, but it can be inconsistent. my 15 used a lot more from the factory then my uncles 15 did... another thing i try to do is when i have the cap off to fill,
I use a pointy tool to activate the vent from the bottom to ensure its not stuck.

borsky

Reaction score
Id try the 62's and if u have trouble holding rpms run the blue and pink slp primary spring, before trying 60's

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id try the 62's and if u have trouble holding rpms run the blue and pink slp primary spring, before trying 60's

I'm going to do exactly this. Probably going to put a blue/pink in after the first ride regardless, I like the engagement better from the slp spring and its better quality.
Whats everybodys take on getting a quick drive skid plate? If so from where?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do exactly this. Probably going to put a blue/pink in after the first ride regardless, I like the engagement better from the slp spring and its better quality.
Whats everybodys take on getting a quick drive skid plate? If so from where?
Can't hurt, I bought one off a guy on kijiji for 25$. I saw some on there not to long ago.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - much appreciated for troubleshooting.
Here's a link to the pro rmk service manual for starters. It will show you how to turn up the oiler I believe its 3 full turns clockwise.

As far as the belt drive goes make sure to warm it up before you take off.

With only a 160 miles its just about broke in. The stock clutching is perfect for a stock pro IMO.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zwgio5clg5w7o/polaris pro ride service manual 11-12-13.pdf?dl=0

Top Bottom