2015 m8000 take a tankful before power kicks in?

killerrf

Reaction score
I have a 2015 m8 162 ltd. i premixed first tank at 100:1.
I did 3 heat soaks on eng. i left sled all stock right from dealer.
Took it out for the first rip today. Put on 30 miles or so around home.
I fiqured with 6-9 ft weights in there it will rev upwards of 8300-8400.
no big deal. Took out and I'm not really seeing anything over 8200.
Like 8000-8200. Never checked the weights but I'm sure they are 68 or whatever
is factory for 6-9 ft. No codes or anything. Doesn't burble or anything. Smoked a bit much but with extra oil I can see that.
I just filled with regular gas. Don't have premium. But there is no det codes or anything. Maybe it just needs more time?
felt clutches and belt and there is like no heat whatsoever. Totally surprised by that.

Last edited:

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposed to run premium, it will run on regular, but the computer will turn things down so it won't detonate, could be that as well as needing more break in time to loosen up some.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 14 didnt start opening up for a couple tanks, i would never dream of running garbage regular gas in my cat, these motors really dont like regular, hell i have trouble sometimes with premium, throwing octane lights, needs 91 min

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

killerrf

Reaction score
Funny u mention crappy regular gas. A Person I know use to go out of town and buy premium. Also a small dose of 110 vp.
Some days it was good other days it ran like crap. Det light going off steady. As soon as switching to regular gas in town and same dose of 110 sled ran great with no det codes. Found that interesting. Truck probably comes once a week to fill tanks so regular is fresh. Unlike premium in some stations just sits there. Hard to ever know forsure unless u work there.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats true, best premium i have ever used is from valemount shell in the middle of winter, they go through alot so its always fresh

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Top Bottom