2015 F150's

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you can still get the 5.0l and it sounds like the 3.5 ecobooster will have more power and torque than in the previous model.
I really like the 5.0l in my 13. We have a 13 Platinum with the ecoboost and it is nice too, but I prefer the 5.0l. At least it sounds like a truck.

Didn't you used to be a Dodge guy? Just curious why you changed and how do you like the blue kool-aid?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Didn't you used to be a Dodge guy? Just curious why you changed and how do you like the blue kool-aid?
Still am a Dodge guy too. I have a 2012 longhorn Mega Cab. I went and drove a new King Ranch f-350 and couldn't find one reason to switch.
I really like the Ford half tons and find they are a better working half ton then anything else out there. We had 6 Drums of race fuel in my half ton and still had suspension left. Good luck doing that in a Ram or one of the GM twins. This new F-150 is genius.
Hummer started using aluminum in their H1s back in the 90s which made them stronger and lighter. It's about time one of the big 3 used it in a pickup. Losing 700 lbs is a massive diet that will translate in to better performance, more payload, better fuel economy, better handling, better ride, etc. now they just need a small turbo diesel like The Ram is getting.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still am a Dodge guy too. I have a 2012 longhorn Mega Cab. I went and drove a new King Ranch f-350 and couldn't find one reason to switch.
I really like the Ford half tons and find they are a better working half ton then anything else out there. We had 6 Drums of race fuel in my half ton and still had suspension left. Good luck doing that in a Ram or one of the GM twins. This new F-150 is genius.
Hummer started using aluminum in their H1s back in the 90s which made them stronger and lighter. It's about time one of the big 3 used it in a pickup. Losing 700 lbs is a massive diet that will translate in to better performance, more payload, better fuel economy, better handling, better ride, etc. now they just need a small turbo diesel like The Ram is getting.

Thanks for the info. I looked hard at the Dodge one ton before I bought my Ford. Not brand loyal at all. This is my second ford both diesels. So far so good but I'd look at dodge again next time as they have really stepped up there game.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now they just need a small turbo diesel like The Ram is getting.

So they can make less power(same torque but the ford is putting out 125 more hp), have more expensive repairs/oil changes, longer warm up times, and worse fuel economy than the new ford gas jobs?

Not even an ecoboost fan but fiat really dropped the ball with this new ram.

NM

Reaction score
So they can make less power(same torque but the ford is putting out 125 more hp), have more expensive repairs/oil changes, longer warm up times, and worse fuel economy than the new ford gas jobs?

Not even an ecoboost fan but fiat really dropped the ball with this new ram.
Well it doesn't sound like you will buy one, but guess what....they will easily sell every one they can build.
That's not dropping the ball by any means.

NM

Reaction score
Ford sold every 6.0l they built. Was that dropping the ball?
your not really understanding what I'm saying and it sounds like you would rather just argue about it.

Anyway the thread is about the new F-150 and it should be awesome. So check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new ecoboost motor is supposed to be same cast block as the 6.7 so gonna be a pretty bullet proof bottom end. Not a fan of the new styling but atleast they didn't go super squared wheel wells like gm did.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it doesn't sound like you will buy one, but guess what....they will easily sell every one they can build.
That's not dropping the ball by any means.

The reason I won't consider one right now, is the price of diesel. 1.359 vs 111.9 where I'm at right now.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP will sell every Summit they build this year and I don't think that buyers are still holding the 1987 Escapade against them..

I don't hold that against ford either. Every brand has had a bad engine. Other than that engine the superduty is a great truck. Smooth, and can take a beating.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP will sell every Summit they build this year and I don't think that buyers are still holding the 1987 Escapade against them..
I had a 1987 Escapade! It was sweet!!! No....wait....no it wasn't. 503 fan. heavy. slow. ugly.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if they dropped 700lbs I am guessing that would get tacked directly onto the payload. Do you think a guy could then run a f150 with a sled deck legally?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they look better than the GMs for sure.
Agreed, at least Ford is going forward with styling, GM seems to be looking back to the 80s. I loved the look of the Atlas when they unveiled it last year, and I think they did a pretty good job with the production version of that.

So if they dropped 700lbs I am guessing that would get tacked directly onto the payload. Do you think a guy could then run a f150 with a sled deck legally?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
That is exactly what I was thinking at well. An extra 700lbs of payload, plus whatever they tack on from other improvements, and you should bewithin the law running a sled deck, with 2 sleds.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree on the styling. The interiors on these new F150's look unreal. Curious to know about the payload specs...

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like they took styling cues from Toyota and Dodge. Trying to gain market share that way??? Forodgota. Manufacturers these days seem intent on trying to make all these halfers look like their bigger brothers. Power tail gate....not sure if that's a cool feature or for the super lazy. Like the stylin' lights front and rear. Will be interesting to see how the start stop engine works out.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like they took styling cues from Toyota and Dodge. Trying to gain market share that way??? Forodgota. Manufacturers these days seem intent on trying to make all these halfers look like their bigger brothers. Power tail gate....not sure if that's a cool feature or for the super lazy. Like the stylin' lights front and rear. Will be interesting to see how the start stop engine works out.
Honestly don't see the styling cues from either Toyota or Dodge. The only think I could be from those guys is the more curved line on the top of the grill. Look at all of Fords other new vehicles from the past 2 or 3 years, and they are all starting to do that, so I would say that is more in line with sticking with their own brand styling.
I don't know a lot about the power tailgate, but what I have seen is that is basically a power unlatch and then it slowly lowers due to gravity (like the Chev). I think it's a great idea, as you can unlatch and lower the tailgate from the key fob when your hands are full. If it is a power lift, then yes, for the lazy.

Top Bottom