2015 doo line up

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty stoked with the 2015 reveal. A lot more changes than I was anticipating and I'm sure there are a few more to find out yet

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[quote name='markusvt' timestamp='1393992262' post='7627225']T3 PACKAGE DETAILS

PowderMax 3

While the 3 in. lug track is basically a PowderMax 2 design with FlexEdge technology, efforts
were made to reduce weight:

1. 4 rows of slim slots Reduction for 174: .78 lb./355 g
2. Reduce material thickness in FlexEdge zone Reduction for 174: .71 lb./325 g
3. Tightening of edge trim tolerance Reduction for 174: .90 lb./410 g
4. Lug pitch increased from 2.86 to 3 in.

The longer lugs were meticulously designed using Finite Element Analysis for optimal light
weight, flex and durability.

Chaincase

To accommodate clearance for the longer track lugs, the chaincase had to be lengthened by 1.1
in. (2.7 cm). Weight reduction efforts shaved 1.5 lb. (705 g) from the chaincase and bottom
sprocket.

1. The case is redesigned for use with 2-stroke engines only, eliminating mechanical
reverse features and their required added bracing.
2. Inside surfaces of the case and cover are CNC machined from the cast 3 mm thickness
down to 2 mm.
3. The bottom sprocket is manufactured at a uniform 16.5 mm thickness and the area
between the teeth and spline is machined down to 2.5 mm.

Heat Exchangers

Rather than carry-over the design and components of the current Summit for the long T3
packages, the heat exchanger design was optimized to reduce weight while providing the
necessary cooling capacity.
The tunnel exchanger is about half the length of the tunnel extrusion (the rear half, for the most
snow exposure). This change save 4 lb./1.8 kg in wet weight (174 version).

tMotion rear suspension improvements

To accommodate the 174 in. (442 cm) track, the rear arm mount is moved 5.25 in. (13.3 cm)
rearward; the rear wheels 6 in. (15.3 cm) rearward.
Weight reduction efforts include:
1. Lighter axles. Suspension axles have been turned down where possible to reduce mass;
the shock axle uses a cold forged thin tube with stronger ends for receiving the bolts.
Reduction: .45 lb./204 g
2. Removing the rubber outer ring lightens the rear wheels. Reduction: .37 lb./168 g
3. Removal of idler wheels on rails, addition of ice scratchers. Reduction: 1.74 lb./788 g
4. Select rear arm components move to chromoly material and have added holes.
Reduction: .47 lb./214 g

Pilot DS 3 skis

Designed to work in tandem with the deeper and longer tracks, the Pilot DS 3 skis are a
variation of the well-received Pilot DS 2 with a 12mm deeper keel. Riders will find it holds a
sidehill better and offers great control.

Lightweight Muffler

Reducing muffler weight while meeting OEM sound output regulations is a substantial
challenge. New materials and design techniques enabled BRP to create a muffler that is 4 lb
(1.8 kg) lighter than the current version while still meeting standards. Thinner, yet stronger
materials are used and select elements have mass-reducing perforations optimized through
computer-aided design.

RAS 2 Front Suspension

While designed primarily to improve precision in trail riding, the new RAS 2 front suspension
brings 1.76 lb (0.8 kg) of weight saving. This made it ideal for inclusion in the T3 package.
New A-arms feature revised forgings and thin wall chromoly tubing to save weight. They also
make a more direct line from the bulkhead to the ball joint – resulting in an extra 20 mm of
ground clearance and lighter weight.
Their refined style also matches the premium positioning of the Summit X models with T3
package. The upper A-arms use flattened tubes and a structural X-brace. The ski legs are
forged and CNC machined to add surface interest and expose the aluminum,

The Summit model leads once again as the T3 package brings an unprecedented level of
traction and floatation to mountain sleds while losing 16.1 lb. (7.3 kg) in weight through careful
optimization of key components with no loss in durability or reliability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kneebar

Reaction score
I'm digging this sled with the 174. I'll dig it more with a TSS turbo! I wish skidoo did this two years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of cash. A factory 174x3, wow!

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I'm digging this sled with the 174. I'll dig it more with a TSS turbo! I wish skidoo did this two years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of cash. A factory 174x3, wow!
It's a big deal for the guys that were going to do it anyway.
Anyone know the price?
I figured it was going to come with 3 inch pitch and 7 tooth drivers. Only way to make it work and not hurt the handling.

kneebar

Reaction score
It's a big deal for the guys that were going to do it anyway.
Anyone know the price?
I figured it was going to come with 3 inch pitch and 7 tooth drivers. Only way to make it work and not hurt the handling.

Oh I know it's a big deal that it comes factory with these big tracks. It cost me over 8000.00 to backhalf my 2010 summit into a 174x3. By the time I paid for skid, track, drivers and custom tunnel, it was a lot. To have a sled offered from factory with a 174 is unbelievable. I was on the fence about getting a 2015 viper and 174ing that, but since skidoo is coming a 174, the work is already done, just need the turbo.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy attention to detail. There is a lot of changes here. That price is shockingly low to. 4 year warranty. No brainier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well done Skidoo! Alot more changes than I expected for this year. Should sell a ton of them.:specool:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
They are pretty nice... And they have my name on them. That's pretty much like a Burt Reynolds pen in the ski doo world..

Top Bottom